Chapter 2 - Festival

Kieran stepped out from the carriage and saw a young man waiting for him right outside the front door. Of course, he remember this man. Carden. Eight years ago, he saved the man from the forest and since then, the man has became his best friend. Though in his other memories, he could remember Carden losing his life because of Zale. "Why are you waiting here, Carden? You should just go inside."

"How can I do that? I'm just a knight. Not to mention, I came without announcement beforehand, so I have no right to enter and wait for you outside."

"Tsk...did you really think my father would make a fuss over something that simple? Let's come in."

Carden obediently followed Kieran into the manor. The servants there are very familiar with the man, so they didn't even feel weird to see the man walking together with the young master.

Kieran lead Carden to the drawing room and asked the servants to bring them some refreshment.

With ease, Kieran sit on the couch.

"I'm sorry, Kieran." Carden started. He looked down. From the outfit the man is wearing at the moment, Kieran could guess that the man just came back from a mission given by his father.

"It's not your fault. You were on a mission and you didn't know that I would get kidnapped."

"But if I-"

"No if in this matter, Carden." Kieran said again. "I'm very grateful that you are very kind to me, but I don't want you to blame yourself for every little thing that happened to me. What you did all these time are more than enough. You should start thinking about your own life. You should try to find out about your real identity."

"I am Carden. The knight of Arthfael Family."

"In case you forgot, I found you all wounded inside the forest. And the clothes you're wearing at that time is far from a commoner. I think you might have some royal blood inside your body."

Carden has a very sad look in his eyes as he looked at Kieran. "Do you hate me...? Is that why you tried to push me away? Is it because the Second Prince doesn't like it if we are close?"

"This has nothing to do with him. The reason I'm telling you to find out about yourself is because I care about you." Kieran replied. "As someone chosen to become the next Empress, I will eventually marry one of the princes and enter the palace. At that time, I really want you to be happy."

"The place where I can be happy is by your side."

Because Carden love Kieran. That's something that everyone in this manor knew about, including Kieran himself. But Kieran never see Carden as love interest. The man is more like an older brother rather than love interest. It didn't change even after the soul inside Kieran's body changed.

"I really can't win against you, huh..." Kieran letting out a sigh. A smile then formed on his face when he heard Carden chuckling. "I broke up with Zale."

"I heard about that."

"Was that the reason you choose to come here directly from mission?"

Carden didn't say anything since the servants walked in to bring the refreshment.

He only start talking when they left. "All this time, I'm always feeling angry."

"Why?"

"You are a kind person. I was thinking that it's unfair, just because you are an omega, you got such trashy treatment. The Second Prince even betrayed you!"

A smile formed on Kieran's face. Carden is indeed as kind as what he remember in his memories. The man cares about him and will do anything for his sake, even at the cost of his own life.