3. Little Happy Family

Priya loved him.

She loved him. Not Krish.

Then Adi was right? She didn't cheat on him?

She was just lying. Like always.

Ram felt every cell of his brain blasting due to the overwhelming feelings. He recalled how tightly she hugged him when he entered. She was crying. Why would she cry like that if she didn't love him?

His eyes fell on the little bundle sleeping in front of him, holding his finger. She was the symbol of her love for him.

"Rai ko khatra hai", he remembered her saying.

"Toh kya iss liye Priya ne jhooth bola? Isiliye Krish yahan nahi hai? Ho kya raha hai? I need to know. I shouldn't wait.", Ram thought to himself.

He caressed Raya's hair lovingly with tear-filled eyes.

Ram(whispering almost inaudibly): Main...abhi aa jayunga bachhe. Mujhe bass Mumma se baat karni hai. (Loosening her hold on his finger) Aap thoda jaane do mujhe. Abhi aa jaunga.

He sighed softly seeing how tightly Raya was holding onto him and then smiled.

Ram(kissing her tiny fingers): I...I love you Princess. Sorry...mujhe bohot late ho gaya aane mein. But ab...Papa aapko chorhke kahin nahi jayenge. Okay Cupcake? I'm here. Aap chahte the na...ke main aau? Toh aa gaya main.

Tears rolled down his cheeks incessantly as he saw her breathing softly, her chest raising and falling at a slow pace, her face relaxed and calm.

Ram: Aapko pata hai...aap bilkul apni Mumma jaise dikhte ho. Pyaari...pyaari. Cute si.

He again remembered that he needed to talk to Priya. Wriggling his finger a few times, he finally got out of her hold.

Caressing Raya's cheek with his index finger very gently, he stood up.

Ram: Abhi aa jaunga.

Anxiously he walked out of the room.

. . . . . . . . . .

The water was boiling on the stove while Priya cleaned the kitchen top. Tears were pouring down her eyes, making her vision blurry but she kept going on because how would things get done if she sits down to cry now?

Ram was here. He didn't know anything. She was scared of his reaction. She was scared that she would mess things up even more. She was scared to lose Ram again but her mind kept poking a pin saying..."he's not yours".

"Par woh aaye hain na?", her heart screamed in pain.

"Tere liye nahi aaye hain. Apne bachhe ke liye aaye hain. Aisa dhokha dene ke baad tu soch bhi kaise sakti hai?", her morals tried to remind her.

"Main pyaar karti hoon unse. Bohot zyada.", her heart cried.

"Agar sole custody maanga unhone toh?", her mind again asked logically.

"Nahi nahi. Mere Ram aise nahi hain. Woh Rai ko durr nahi karenge mujhse.", her heart tried to argue.

"Woh nahi samjhenge. You did a blunder, now you're going to lose your baby.", her mind again screamed.

Priya(shaking her head vigorously): Nahi...nahi...nahi.

Ram(softly): Kya nahi Priya?

Ram asked, completely shocked. He was standing there for a few seconds and watched Priya wipe the plates while sobbing silently.

He saw her eyes widening in fear as her eyes fell on him and she took a step back, panting hard.

He was going to walk up to her but seeing her behaviour he decided to stay there only. His Priya didn't look okay to him.