• s e v e n t e e n •

Yoona walked into the nightclub and sat on a stool, her face showing clear frustration. Seungmin, noticing her mood, approached with a smirk.

"Rough night? Maybe I can make it better," he said playfully.

She turned to him and rolled her eyes. "That's none of your business, Seungmin. Now get me a glass of vodka."

Seungmin chuckled, unfazed by her cold response.

"Alright, coming right up," he said, grabbing a bottle of vodka.

As he poured the drink, he added with a wink, "But the offer still stands, you know."

" No thanks . "

Right after Yoona drinks one glass of vodka, a sudden wave of dizziness washed over her. Her vision blurred slightly as she turned to Seungmin, suspicion evident in her eyes.

"Yah, did you put something in my drink?" she demanded, her tone sharp with accusation.

Seungmin, maintaining his composure, raised an eyebrow and responded calmly. "You know I wouldn't do that. It's just vodka, nothing more." He leaned slightly closer, his expression turning serious.

"But if you're feeling off, maybe you've had too much tonight or something else is going on. Want me to call someone for you?"

" F*ck you . "

Then, she passed out.

~

Yoona jolted awake as a splash of cold water hit her face, snapping her back to reality. Gasping, Yoona blinked rapidly, disoriented and shivering slightly. She looked up to see a woman standing over her. Her vision was still blurry, but after a moment, the figure came into focus.

"Areum? Didn't you already die?" Yoona muttered, confusion thick in her voice.The woman chuckled softly, the sound eerily calm.

" So , you knew she died all along ? "
Arin's voice was sharp, laced with a cold amusement.

Yoona fell silent, the weight of the situation sinking in. Now, she fully realized that the woman standing before her was Arin, the twin Areum had once mentioned in passing. The memories clicked into place, and a shiver ran down her spine as she met Arin's penetrating gaze.

" Arin " Yoona whispered but loud enough for Arin to hear that .

"Took you long enough to figure that out," Arin replied, her tone dripping with disdain.

Without warning, she delivered a swift kick to Yoona's chest, sending her crashing backward along with the chair.Yoona hit the floor hard, the impact knocking the wind out of her. She lay there, gasping for breath, as Arin slowly approached her. Through the haze of pain, Yoona's eyes darted around the room. She spotted Seungmin standing off to the side, casually leaning against the wall, watching the scene unfold with an unsettling calmness. His expression was unreadable, offering no hint of whether he intended to help or simply observe.

Arin grabbed Yoona's chin, forcing her to look directly into her cold, unyielding eyes. Her grip tightened as she spoke, her voice dripping with venom.

" I told you to stay with her but now what have you done, b*tch . "

With a swift motion, Arin slapped Yoona hard across the face.

" is it funny for you to kill my own sister ? You mfs."

She slapped her again , the sound echoing in the room. Despite the pain, Yoona just laughed, a harsh, mirthless sound that only fueled Arin's anger.

"It's all her fault after all. Not me."

Arin raised her foot, preparing to kick Yoona once more, but Seungmin intervened, grabbing her arm.

"Wait," Seungmin said firmly. "That's enough for now. You've made your point. Let her suffer for once. Areum wouldn't like seeing this go any further."

"Fine," Arin snapped, yanking her arm free from Seungmin's grip. With a final, disdainful glance at Yoona, she turned on her heel and stormed out of the room.

Seungmin helped Yoona into a sitting position and patted her shoulder.

"It's amusing to see you like this, though," he said with a smirk.

"Seungmin, help me-get me out of here, please," Yoona pleaded.

Seungmin chuckled.

"Me? Help you? No, baby. Stay here, okay? I'll come back tomorrow. Good luck."

He turned and walked away, leaving Yoona in her vulnerable state. Overwhelmed by stress and frustration, Yoona let out a piercing scream, her voice echoing through the empty room.

~

Hyunjin sat across from Minho in the small visiting room of the jail. A thousand thoughts swirled in their minds, but neither spoke. The silence was heavy, filled with everything they wanted to say but couldn't find the words for. Both knew there was no point in arguing anymore.

Finally, Minho broke the silence. "Are you happy now, seeing me in here?"

Hyunjin's gaze dropped to the table between them. "Not really..." he admitted, his voice low. He looked back up, meeting Minho's eyes with a mix of guilt and sadness.

"I never wanted it to end like this, hyung. I never wanted this for you. I'm so shocked to see you suddenly being captured that day," Hyunjin said, his voice barely above a whisper.

Minho's expression softened slightly, though the pain was still evident in his eyes. "It was bound to happen sooner or later," he replied, his tone resigned. "I knew the risks, but I didn't expect it to come from you."

Hyunjin winced at the words, the weight of his guilt pressing down on him. "I didn't mean for it to happen like this," he said, his voice thick with regret. "If I could change anything, I would."

Minho gave a small nod, acknowledging Hyunjin's sincerity. "What's done is done. We can't change the past," he said, though his voice carried a heaviness that hinted at the lingering hurt.

Minho suddenly remembered that Areum was with Hyunjin the day he was captured. His eyes widened with concern as he quickly asked, "Hyunjin, that day... you were with Areum, right? You helped her run away from those reporters?"

Hyunjin nodded. "Oh, right. Don't worry, she's safe with me. I've been taking care of her, like a sister, for you. Ah, and speaking of that..."

"Huh?" Minho prompted, sensing there was more.

Hyunjin leaned forward slightly. "Our old boss... his real name is Doyoung. We found out he's been using a fake name-Byungwoo, Areum's stepfather. Shocking, right? Also , he's the one that -"

Before Hyunjin could continue, Minho cut him off, his confusion and anger rising. "Wait, what? What do you mean, 'we'? I'm confused."

Just then, the door was knocked on, signaling that their visiting time was over. Hyunjin sighed, frustration evident on his face. "It's a long story, but trust me, I'll do whatever it takes to take down Byungwoo and get you out of here. I won't let him destroy any more lives."

With that , hyunjin stood up from his seat . " See you soon , hyung . " hyunjin flashed a small smile . Minho just nodded , his expression unreadable.