Breakup

A couple of months had passed, and Ruhani had made significant strides. Her recent show was a tremendous success, earning her recognition and an award for her label, Elevé. Nirvaan had been a constant source of support throughout, cheering her on and celebrating her achievements. Their relationship had evolved, and while Nirvaan had always been there for Ruhani, he knew that it was time to address the evolving dynamics between them.

One evening, as they were enjoying a quiet dinner together at a cozy restaurant in New York, Nirvaan decided it was the right time to have an important conversation. Ruhani, glowing from her recent successes, looked across the table with a bright smile.

Nirvaan:
"Ruhani, first of all, congratulations on your award. You truly deserve it. Your hard work and talent have paid off, and I'm so proud of you."

Ruhani:
"Thank you, Nirvaan. I couldn't have done it without your support. You've been incredible through everything."

Nirvaan took a deep breath, trying to find the right words. "There's something I need to talk to you about. It's not easy for me to say this, but I think it's important that we address it."

Ruhani's smile faded slightly as she sensed the seriousness in his tone. "What's wrong, Nirvaan?"

Nirvaan:
"I've been doing a lot of thinking recently. Over the past few months, I've realized that my feelings for you are more about deep friendship and care rather than romantic love. I think we both deserve to be with someone who feels the same way about us as we do about them."

Ruhani's eyes widened in surprise and a touch of sadness. "Nirvaan, are you saying... you want to break up?"

Nirvaan:
"Yes, Ruhani. I care about you deeply, and I want what's best for you. But I also know that it's not fair to you or to me to continue in a relationship where our feelings aren't aligned. It's important to be honest with ourselves and each other."

Ruhani looked down at her plate, struggling to hold back her tears. "I understand, Nirvaan. It's just... I didn't see this coming. I thought we were building something special."

Nirvaan:
"We are building something special, but it might be in a different form. I still want to be a part of your life, as a friend who supports and cares about you. I hope we can transition into that and remain a positive presence in each other's lives."

Ruhani wiped a tear from her cheek and looked up at Nirvaan with a faint smile. "I appreciate your honesty. It's hard to hear, but I understand. You’ve always been supportive and caring, and I value that more than anything."

Nirvaan:
"Thank you for understanding. I want the best for you, Ruhani, and I believe that you deserve someone who can give you the kind of love you're looking for."

Ruhani nodded, her voice steady despite the emotion. "I’ll always be grateful for everything you’ve done for me. You’ve helped me become a better person, and I’ll always remember that."

They finished their dinner with a sense of mutual respect and understanding. Nirvaan offered to walk Ruhani to her car, and they shared a quiet, heartfelt hug before parting ways. There were no harsh words or lingering bitterness—just a graceful acknowledgment of their changing relationship.

-------------------------------------------------------

After their dinner, Ruhani went home feeling a deep sense of loss. The breakup was a blow, and as she sat alone in her apartment, the weight of the situation hit her hard. She had thought their relationship was leading somewhere meaningful, and the sudden shift was overwhelming. She felt a wave of sadness and confusion wash over her.

Tears streamed down her face as she replayed the evening’s conversation in her mind. The award ceremony and her recent successes felt hollow without Nirvaan by her side. She wanted to cry out her frustrations, but the loneliness was almost suffocating.