🧩 One

No star ever seems lonely, at least from down here.

"Boo!"

"Hi 'Lix".

"Dammit, you didn't even flinch", he mumbled slightly disappointed.

"Nice try though", she giggled and patted his back.

He rolled his eyes and sat next to her with a frown, puffing out his cheeks. She just shook her head and leaned on his shoulder, continuing to read the book she had in her hands.

"You've been reading that book for the past 2 days, what's it about?", he asked, peeping over her  head.

"This is the third time I'm reading it actually, it's about this person whose in love with their best friend. But their fatally ill and won't be alive for long so they write in this book", she explained, her eyes watering a bit.

His expression softens when he notices the tears in her eyes. She got incredibly emotional when it came to books, which contrasted her nonchalant personality. He gently rubs her shoulder and gives it a soft squeeze.

"The worst part is the book ends on a total cliffhanger. The last sentence is cut off, like the person stopped writing mid-sentence", she added, blinking back the salty water that so badly wanted to escape her eyes.

"The author hasn't written a sequel or anything! It's the first and final book which is totally unfair because...", she rambled on and on about it for a good twenty minutes straight.

Felix just smiled and listened carefully, nodding every once in a while to show that he was still interested in what she was saying. He loved her rambles, whether it was about books or anime or anything in general. He loved her voice and whatever she said was like music to his ears.

After taking a deep breath, she shuts the book closed and sets it besides her on the grass. Bringing her knees up to her chest, she scoots a bit closer to the blonde male and lets out a content sigh.

"Bubble buddy-", he began but she cuts him off.

"Oi! I told you to stop calling me that", she grumbled.

"Why? It's cute and it reminds me of better days", he chuckled.

"Are you saying your days are bad?", she questioned, raising an eyebrow in offence.

"No, those were better days. These, are the best days", he grinned and hugged the questioning female.

She rolled her eyes, a ghost of a smile playing on her lips. She loved his sappy comments, they made her happy, even though she would never admit it. The two friends fall into a comfortable silence. He put his head on top of hers as his eyes fluttered before closing. After a few moments, he fell asleep.

"Hey 'Lix", she whispered, not noticing that the male was no longer awake.

After a few seconds without a reply, she glanced up at him. She giggled softly when she saw her dear friend was napping peacefully. She wrapped her arms around his waist, pulling him closer, before closing her eyes as well.

And they spent the rest of their afternoon under the Oak Tree.

The same Oak Tree that brought them together.