Prologue

Welcome to HTTYD 2 Eret x Reader! 

Y/n POV

Hello there, my name is Y/n Valkyrie Haddock also known as Valkyrie the Valorous. I'm the daughter of Stoick the Vast, Chief of Berk and Valka Haddock. 

You may know my younger brother of three years, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. Great name, we know, but fathers think if they name their kids scary names, it would scary away enemies...and trolls. As if names could scare anyone off, what really does the trick is your skill. 

I got the name 'Valkyrie the Valorous' because of my bravery and strength. I killed my first dragon at age 8, so Hiccup was 5 at the time. I got so much praise that day, my father was proud of me. 

I'm a daddy's girl, that for sure. I got the nickname 'Warrior of Berk' when I took down a Monstrous Nightmare at age 10. 

But hey, I'm getting ahead of myself, why I don't go back to the day, my brother met his dragon, Toothless: a Nightfury, the offspring of lightning and death itself. 

Until Hiccup found Toothless, no one has ever seen a Nightfury and lived to tell the tale. It's one of the most rare dragons in the world. 

The two most rare dragons in the world are Nightfuries and Buffalords. Nightfuries were thought to have been extinct until a few years ago at least. And the Buffalords were also thought to have been extinct because they were used to cure a disease known as the 'Scrouge of Odin'. 

But there's also, the Screaming Death, The Red Death and the Bewilderbeast: the alpha species. Some say that the alpha is doesn't have fire breath, but ice breath. It makes it's own sanctuary out of it's own ice and it protects the dragons that respect it. 

Aaaand, I'm getting ahead of myself again. My brother was 15 years old at the time, I was 18 years old and Berk still stood by the rule: 'kill or be killed'. Hiccup was skinny, scrawny and couldn't lift a sword or an axe to save his life. 

But when he shot down a Nightfury with this contraption of his and he was going to get it but then I had to save his butt from getting roasted by a Monstrous Nightmare. 

Hiccup always thought that our dad hated him, but it wasn't like that at all. He just wanted to keep Hiccup safe and I wanted that too, but I was more close with Hiccup than dad was. 

After our mother got taken by a Stormcutter in the middle of a raid, trying to protect my little brother. I haven't seen my mother since, but everyone thinks she's dead, but I always had a feeling that she would she return one day.

Hiccup went after his catch and I secretly went after him. When I saw that Hiccup tried to kill the beast, but he couldn't. He looked into the eyes of the Nightfury and he saw himself. The Nightfury didn't fight back and closed its eyes like it was submitting to my brother. Hiccup couldn't do it, he freed the Nightfury and the beast attacked him. I wanted to save him but the beast flew off. 

I always remembered my father saying that 'the dragon will always go for the kill' 

"Hiccup, are you alright?" I asked as I ran to him. 

"Y/n? What are you doing out here? How much of that did you see?" Hiccup asked.  

I wanted to reply but he cut me off. 

"Nevermind, you saw all of it and know you probably think I couldn't kill it because I'm weak, right?" Hiccup asked.

"If you would let me speak, you know what I really think of you. I don't think you're weak. I think you're trying too hard to please everyone especially Dad. Now I have something to ask you. When you looked into that Nightfury's eye, what did you see?" I asked.