Chapter 24

———༺✵༻——— POV Catherine ———༺✵༻———

———༺✵༻———
POV Catherine
———༺✵༻———

I wake up slowly, the dim light of dawn filtering through the curtains. The first thing I feel is warmth—the pleasant, soft warmth of Ella's body next to mine. We're lying on her couch, tangled together under a blanket, our legs intertwined. The memories of last night, of Ella's laughter and soft moans, replay in my mind like a favorite song.

I shift slightly to look at her, and my movement stirs her awake. She blinks sleepily at me, a small smile curling her lips. "Morning," she whispers, her voice raspy from sleep.

"Morning," I reply softly, reaching out to brush a strand of hair away from her face. Her red hair glows softly in the early light, and I can't help but lean in to press a gentle kiss to her forehead.

We lie there for a few more moments, simply enjoying each other's presence before the demands of the day pull us apart. Finally, Ella stretches languidly, and we reluctantly get up from the couch. I watch as she pads into the kitchen, her movements graceful and familiar. She's dressed again, must have done it yesterday before she went to sleep, and I can't help but feel a little disappointed.

"Coffee?" she offers, glancing back at me with a knowing smile.

"Yes, please," I reply, following her into the kitchen. We move around each other with ease, like a well-practiced dance. It's comfortable and domestic, and I feel a warmth spread through my chest at the thought.

As we sit down to breakfast, I realize it's the perfect time to have the conversation I've been mulling over. We both know our situation is complicated, but we haven't really talked about what it means going forward.

"So," I start, breaking the comfortable silence. "We should probably talk about... us."

Ella looks up from her mug of coffee, her expression thoughtful. "Yeah, I guess we should."

I take a deep breath, gathering my thoughts. "I really like being with you, Ella," I begin, choosing my words carefully. "But we need to be careful, especially with school starting again tomorrow. I don't want to risk anything that might put either of us in a difficult position."

Ella nods, her eyes serious but understanding. "I know. It's tricky with you being my teacher and all." She pauses, then adds, "But I really like being with you too, Catherine."

Her words bring a smile to my face, and I feel a surge of affection for her. "I think we need to set some ground rules," I suggest, hoping to create some clarity in the midst of our complicated situation.

Ella raises an eyebrow, her expression turning playful. "Rules, huh? Like what?"

"Well," I begin, trying to sound more confident than I feel. "We should probably avoid seeing each other at school, at least not in a way that might raise any eyebrows. We can keep things professional during class."