Chapter 28

———༺✵༻———POV Ella———༺✵༻———

———༺✵༻———
POV Ella
———༺✵༻———

The soft light of the boutique dressing room casts a warm glow as I study my reflection in the mirror. The dress I'm wearing is a deep, royal blue, the kind of color that makes my red hair stand out even more than usual. The fabric clings to my curves in all the right places, cascading down to the floor in a waterfall of satin. I turn slightly, admiring the open back and the way the dress catches the light, how it makes me feel elegant, almost ethereal.

"Ella, let me see!" Jess's voice calls out from the other side of the door, a mix of impatience and excitement. I take one last glance at myself before stepping out of the dressing room.

Jess is perched on one of the cushioned benches, her own dress—a striking shade of red—draped over her arm. Her black, curly hair frames her face perfectly, and when she looks up at me, her eyes widen in approval.

"Wow," she breathes, standing up to get a closer look. "That dress is absolutely stunning on you. I knew blue would be your color!"

I smile, feeling a flutter of satisfaction at her reaction. "You think so? I really like it, but I'm not sure if it's the one."

Jess circles me, her eyes taking in every detail of the dress. "Trust me, Ella, this is the one. It's perfect. You'll be the most beautiful girl at prom."

I laugh, the sound light and easy. "I don't know about that, but I do feel good in it."

"Good? Girl, you look like a freaking goddess," Jess says, her voice full of genuine admiration.

At that, I smile a little wider, running my hands over the smooth fabric. "Maybe you're right," I admit, feeling a bit more confident. "It does feel pretty amazing."

Jess claps her hands together in excitement. "I knew it! Now, let's find some accessories to go with it. We've got to make sure we're completely ready for the big night."

We spend the next hour trying on jewelry, heels, and clutch bags, giggling like schoolgirls as we compare our finds. Jess looks incredible in her red dress, the color popping against her skin, making her look fierce and confident. We try on some other dresses just for fun, laughing at the outrageous ones and admiring the elegant options. But in the end, we both stick with our original choices.

As I step out of the last dress and back into my own clothes, I feel a wave of excitement wash over me. Prom is still a few weeks away, but it's all starting to feel real now. The dress, the planning, the anticipation—it's all coming together.

After making our purchases, we step out of the boutique, bags in hand. The afternoon sun is still shining brightly, and the streets are filled with people taking advantage of the open shops.

"Do you want to grab a drink?" Jess asks, nodding toward a cozy café across the street.

"Definitely," I agree, feeling the excitement of the day settle into a contented buzz.