Chapter 52

———༺✵༻———POV Ella———༺✵༻———

———༺✵༻———
POV Ella
———༺✵༻———

It's Wednesday, the 14th of February, and I've been counting down to this day ever since I planned it. It's been three weeks since Amori was discharged, three weeks of watching him get stronger, healthier, and happier in ways I didn't dare hope for. His dad has been away the entire time, which has done wonders for Amori's peace of mind. I'm grateful for that, more than I can say. But tonight, my focus is on something else, someone else—Catherine.

I glance around the living room, satisfied with what I see. Everything is ready. Max has been walked and fed, now dozing contentedly in his bed. The flowers are arranged on the dining table, carefully selected for their meaning and their beauty. There are no roses, as much as I love them. I wanted something more unique, more thoughtful. There are deep red tulips for undying love, delicate white lilies for purity and commitment, and sprigs of lavender for devotion and peace. The bouquet is a reflection of everything Catherine means to me, everything I feel for her.

I check the clock—it's almost 5 pm. It's time to get ready. I head upstairs to my bedroom, pulling open the closet doors. I've been thinking about what to wear for days, wanting to strike the perfect balance between fun and cute without freezing in the February chill. I settled on a soft pink sweater with a heart-shaped pattern knitted into the fabric, that looks good with my red hair, and paired it with a short black skirt and thick tights. The outfit is warm enough for the evening but still playful and a little flirty. I slip on my favorite ankle boots, their heels giving me just a bit of height without being impractical for what I have planned.

As I stand in front of the mirror, brushing out my hair and letting it fall in loose waves around my shoulders, I can't help but smile. I'm excited, more excited than I've been in a long time. Tonight isn't just about celebrating Valentine's Day; it's about celebrating us, everything we've been through, and everything we have ahead of us.

I spritz on a little of the perfume Catherine once complimented, a light, floral scent that lingers in the air as I make my way downstairs. The flowers catch my eye again as I pass by the table, and I can't help but imagine Catherine's face when I hand them to her. I hope she loves them. I hope she loves everything about tonight.

Grabbing my coat from the hook by the door, I shrug it on, feeling the slight weight of the keys in my pocket. My heart races a little as I step outside, the cool evening air brushing against my cheeks. The sky is clear, which will make it perfect for star gazing.

The second I step out of my house, I head straight for my car, eager to pick up Catherine, and not wanting to have her walk those few extra meters to my driveway. My heart flutters with anticipation as I pull out of the driveway, and within moments, I'm parked outside her house.

I step out of the car, bouquet in hand, and walk up the few steps to Catherine's front door. I take a deep breath, feeling a little nervous despite myself, and knock softly.