Chapter 6

Julian's pov

"Hey."

"Hey"

"So I thought we'd drive somewhere before the main attraction so if you would let me my lady." I stretch my hand forward in a chivalrous way. She takes it and I lead her to my car.

We drive all the way to a froyo place. Her favourite.

We make some small talk and walk through the path to the fountain and at a point she puts froyo on top of my nose.

"Heyyyyyy!"

She just laughs at me. Her beautiful smile. I grab her by the waist and lift her up and spin her round.

"Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! Julian Delacroix!!!! Put me down right this instant!!!!!!" The sunlight in her voice as she bangs on my shoulder softly like a child.

She I put her down. And she's dizzy so I steady her by her waist.

We continue walking and talking till we reach the main attraction. My families garden it's off limits to the public so it's fenced off. I grab her by her waist in the middle of her sentence and lift her up and over it. I put her down gently.

"Julian. If we get caught I'm saying you kidnapped me." She says plainly and it makes me laugh a little.

I jump over and walk with her to the garden in the center is the main attraction a water fountain.

She looks around in love with the place. "Woah. Julian. I can't believe you never mentioned this before."

He scratches the back of his ear and says "Cuz I don't want anyone knowing about it. It's my safe space. None really ever comes here. It was my mom's and then my aunts and now no one comes here anymore or takes care of it. It's mine now I guess." It's painful talking about them.

"Uh." I say, confused for a second when she envelopes me in a hug. I hug her back

"Don't worry. We'll get through this together." She says referencing my speech yesterday as a joke.

I look at her and ruffle her hair.

"We should come here more often." She read my mind

"We should and we will. When you're free lemme know. Our secret hideout."

She looked me in my eyes and I stared into hers.

We just realized how close we are. She was about to back away but I grabbed her by her wrists.

"Wait. Just let me... let me say this one thing." She came closer. And I closed the gap between us. I cupped her face in my palms

"I care about you okay? And I'm here for you. Whatever you need and..."

'Aw shit'

My nanny entered the garden to drop the stuff I asked her to get for me today.

"Sorry." She said uncomfortably

And I let go but not too quickly.

I checked my watch in an attempt to make things less awkward.

"We should probably get going." We said at the same time. We laughed about it.

And again I lifted her over the fence. I drove her home.

"If you think it's nice now you need to see it after dark."

"And I will. Right?" She said giving me look from the side of her eye

I laughed

I dropped her off it wasn't too late. We didn't spend the whole day. Only the afternoon.