Chapter 7

Back to school. I'll just sleep through some of the easy classes.
I walked to school and today was really bright and sunny. Jesse was supposed to come to school today and formally become a student.

He didn't come to school today. It was odd but that's typically Jesse.

I was sleeping peacefully in the "professor position" as they coined it. And Arden Wraith, the sociology and history teacher came up to my desk and I looked up before he could catch me.

Everyone was laughing as I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Ms. Hargrove would you like to repeat what I just said."

"Judging from your overall personality I'd say you just said 'and that.... Hold on I'm not new to this I can tell she's sleeping.' Am I right?"

"Nope. I actually said 'This is the area where the war started and this here is a student sleeping.'"

"Close enough." I said with an innocent smile.

He laughed it off. I could tell he was calm. I just sat up and fiddled with my pencil

———————————————————————————

Corbin Blake. High school varsity football team captain. Track team captain. And the student body president. Also known as my boyfriend.

Corbin is an amazing person. Easily one of the best if not the best people I know. We haven't exactly talked since the incident at the boat house cabin.

It was lunch time but none of us ever really go to the cafeteria on Mondays.

I was at my locker when he came up to me.

"Jaci can we talk please." He said with his blue eyes pleading.

I love him so much but...

"Please just hear me out. I know I messed up. I'm a dumbass and I'm not justifying it. I just want to talk to you." He let his hands drop. "Please."

I nodded and he lead me to the place we always sat to talk.

We sat on the bench and he said "Jaci I know I hurt you and that was dumb, no I was dumb. I never meant to. Jaci I care about you. I..."

He looked at me through the corner of his eye and said "I love you Jaci."

I rested my head on his shoulder and he went stiff. He turned away red faced. He always said he cared about me but he never said he loved me before.

"I loved you Corbin" I looked up at his red face my head still on his shoulder."but I'm not going to let you hurt me again"

With all his jockiness Corbin was a child at heart. He wasn't your typical jock and didn't get angry easily but once he did there was no stopping him.

He wrapped his arms around my shoulder and held me close and this time I went stiff. It was a quick side hug. "Please let me fix what I've done. I didn't... I... I just... Just... I'm so sorry."

I gave him a weak smile but I knew that we could only hold on so long.

The bell rang almost immediately and we headed inside together. He walked with me to class.

"I'll see you later?" He looked at me for confirmation .

I nodded.

I went in and he left. And of course Belle and Ev were watching me and ready to attack.

"So are you guys back? You didn't take him back right?" Belle was ready to take him out if I wanted her to.

I laughed at them both