Chapter 5

Taylor's pov
I've been in town but I haven't gone home yet. Just finding the new thing in town. Especially the new love Jesse found. It's honestly disappointing. She's exactly like Ari yet she remembers nothing.

Today I know she'll go to the cemetery and tell him all about how she's out with Julian tomorrow. She doesn't even know anything about him. I almost feel bad for her. Not.

I'll be there tonight.

————————————————————————

The sun is setting. I see this girl who goes to her school.

Nadia

The first victim of my beautiful saga. I flash my way over there. I'm in front of her.

"Ah. Hey I didn't see you there."

"Hello Nadia."

"How do you know my name?"

"I do my research. I know everyone around here."

I stare into her eyes before she can say anything.

"Don't say a word." I grab her by her arm and bite into the place above her elbow. I make sure it's a clean bite and I drain her. her eyes pleading with me.

I stop and look her in her eyes again.

"Here. Wrap it."

I toss her a bandage.

"You were bitten by some animal. And I found you screaming and told you it wasn't dangerous. I even helped you wrap it."

She snapped out of my hypnosis.

"Thank you. What's your name?"

"I'm Taylor." I said with a smirk.

'My work here is done.'

She turned back and I left. To the cemetery.

————————————————————————

"Why're you here so late? All alone at night. Never a good idea. Haven't you watched any horror movies." I emerged out of the shadows, my hands in my pockets. And came up close to her.

"Really? This is Blackwood not Chicago or Ohio or New York. Nothing good ever happens in this town."

I raised my eyebrow trying so hard not to laugh. If only she knew what was about to unfold.

I shrugged. "If you say so."

'What is he talking about? He keeps acting like he knows something that I don't.' She thought

She's so much harder to read than everyone else. It makes my head hurt every time I read her.

'What's so different about her?'

And....

Now.

She got a message and her face turned into a show of visible confusion.

"What's wrong? Did something interesting just happen in 'Blackwood'?" I say sarcastically

She read it to herself

'You know that Nadia girl from our school?'

'She got attacked by something while walking a trail and she got saved by some blondie called Taylor.'

"Who would've thought it was possible?" She returned my sarcasm and I smirked. "Except maybe..... You Taylor."

"Who would've" I said and shrugged. "I guess Taylor's a hero now."

"Oh please. I bet he wishes he were"

I sat on the bench next to her. "What exactly are you searching for Jaci?"

"You seem like you're on a treasure hunt and it looks like whoever sent you on it put you on a wild goose chase." I said as I looked her in her eyes but I didn't force her to talk.

"I honestly don't know anymore." she replied. "And how the fuck do you know my name?"

"We've all been there once haven't we." I said

"That's not an answer to my question Taylor"

"Why're you putting an emphasis on my name. And I have my ways. I know everyone around here." I said before turning to her.

She shrugged

"I have the answer to your question. Let me give you some Taylor-y advice."

"Shoot."

I stood up and she stood with me

"What you're looking for, you already have it."

She raised her eyebrow

"See you're going through a drastic change and shi right. So it's just the old you waiting to be found."

"Very baby yoda-ish"

I put my hand on her shoulder and said "You can trust me to help you find closure. At least that if nothing else." I looked at her eyes with a look of vulnerability. "I know what you're going through."

She looked at my eyes and I could see right through her.

I read her mind painlessly and numbed her pain. Drowning it out for a few minutes. It would last but seize soon enough

And just like that I became her religion, no, her addiction. I'll numb her pain every time she comes to me. And soon she'll be on her knees begging me to numb the pain. I'm her god now.

It feels good to be a god.

When I saw her the first time she was dying softly she could feel me stare from behind the building. She blamed it all on her paranoia.

I could tell she felt safer already. And I felt like a god. I felt like I was on top of the world

She thinks can come to me but she really knows nothing.

I let myself smile as she left knowing I'd gotten what I wanted