Resurrection

Finally the day I will be wed, I was also getting my talisman tonight, since it fell on the first new moon of the year. As I sat in the corridor waiting for the dress to arrive, Herona sat behind me doing my hair with magic, to make sure nothing would go wrong when I put the talisman on.

"I've told you that when you are wearing that necklace during your human period your death will be permanent, so I have laced your hair with magic to protect you from any harm tonight," She emphasized.

I smiled, thanking her but feeling a bit nervous.

"I am doing the right thing, yes?" I asked, my anxiety building up.

She looked at me through the mirror and sighed. "Marriage is a sacred union, and what you two are doing is unsacred- by the bibles standards," She laughed. "Though, you should know that every single member of that clan out there is supporting your decision despite their grievances. To watch you, the first to be turned by Lord Aleias wedded to his murderer is the hardest thing they will ever have to do. Yet, here they are, supporting you effortlessly."

I took a deep breath and nodded listening carefully. She was right, and although I had planned on running away, seeing those newly turned follow me, support me, believe in me was a feeling I could never replace. They, along with the likes of Bellamy, have decided to put their trust in me. So I will put my trust in them to protect me. Once I have that talisman I will be free, but at least I will no longer be free alone. Maybe that is my destiny. Following these thoughts Resinine suddenly burst through the door with a large bouquet of white lilies and the wedding dress. Herona grabbed the flowers and placed them in the nearest vase, as Resinine handed me the dress. Looking over at the dress I was both annoyed and flattered. It was all white, with big white puffed up sleeves that lay over the shoulder. It was tight on the waist that went well with a corset and ball like at the end. I told them to turn around as I put the dress on, and after a few moments I revealed to them what I looked like. Both of them clasped their hands to their mouths, jaws stuck open. Resinine looked as though she were to cry, nevertheless not letting it get it to her. I heard a couple knocking at the door and Resinine allowed them in at once. Walking inside with a blush pink dress was the matron that was to walk me down the aisle. The matron was the wife of the priest that was to wed us, and with a small couple of lilies she added them to the two buns that Herona did with my hair.

"You know, the lily signifies the soulmate, and if they are fully bloomed on your wedding day it means you are marrying the one God chose for you," She explained as she softly smiled.

I smiled nervously, not really believing her but attentive to her kindness. The bells chimed, the organ began to play and I took a couple of more deep breaths and held out my arm to the matron. Passing the flowers over in my other hand, Resinine held the doors open as I was escorted to the aisle. Looking inside the church, it was as if the entire town was in attendance. Each stroke of the song had me making eye contact with every single person my eyes could trace. As I inched closer to the priest and Kir, my heart began to beat at the rate of a horse in a carriage. Thryne and Belser sat next to one another, as Thryne smiled softly and Belser grunted but nodded. Renley smiled wide, waving over to me with the other newly turned in excitement. Ashter and Bellamy sat in the very first row watching me carefully. Bellamy was visibly upset but contained his emotions for the good of the day, as Ashter bowed and smiled ever so slightly, though I was not sure if it was a glint in the light or my imagination.

Approaching Kir, the priest asked for the bouquet and I stood in front of him as I looked directly into his eyes. For the first time, I got a good look at Kir and he does clean up quite nicely. His hair was in its usual part but more wavy. He wore an all white vest coat with white tights and brown chestnut boots. He smiled, lightly, as he held out his hands to hold mine. I looked over to the priest and he signaled for me to hold his hand. Starting off the vows, we both exchanged them, with Kir going first. He cleared his throat and dropped his eyes low then back up as his eyes changed from dark brown to ruby red. I gasped to myself, trying to remain still and calm, but it looked as though no one else noticed.