42 | Accismus, Pt. 2

Meanwhile Marcel was out handling important matters at his company, Michael went sightseeing at 12:15 PM

Meanwhile Marcel was out handling important matters at his company, Michael went sightseeing at 12:15 PM. He took one of Marcel's sport cars—an all white on black manual transmission 2019 Mustang GT California Special. He already had been to the old and new state capitol in downtown Baton Rouge and traveled to Spanish Town that he remembered visiting one year with Guap and Snupe for Mardi Gras season.

He was curious of the carnival here opposed to New Orleans which they did attend the Zulu Krewe parade. One of the interesting facts he learned about Spanish Town during Mardi Gras were the usage of pink flamingos that residents placed in their front yard. They represented the saying "Poor taste is better than no taste at all". It became the mantra for the neighborhood as it grew to include more eclectic residents.

Finally, he made it to Capitol Park Museum, a place he loved to visit often. Michael was a big fan of history and loved to learn about many different cultures and customs. Louisiana was one of the many states he always believed was a country inside of one; it had its own flavor aside from the others.

He was certain new art work and exhibits were added since and tickets were fairly reasonable to purchase at only $7 for adults. He thoroughly browsed the exhibit artifacts with five hundred thousand contained inside of the museum. He moved on to the visual arts collection, Jazz costumes and textiles that he loved the most due to his love for Jazz music, science and technology, decorative arts and historical collections like colonial documents, manuscripts, maps, newspapers, sheet music, a library and microfilm.

His last stop was The Presbytére—a two sided exhibition of the ongoing story of the state where one side showcased celebration and the other resilience. It was basically the story of all the storms that have wrecked havoc on such a rich place but the people there remained standing strong years later. It also went into more details about the history of The Presbytére and how it all began.

Unfortunately, there wasn't a gift shop for him to purchase a few souvenirs to bring back home for the kids; it would be on the twenty-seventh floor of the state capitol. He didn't mind driving a few blocks away to conclude his sightseeing that afternoon.

Succumbing to a hefty appetite, he made a stop at Walk-On's Sports Bistreaux. After finding a seat and placing his order for a Sprite, ribeye po' boy, fries, bayou pasta and beignet bites, which didn't take long to have each dish served in front of him, he found himself being on a four-way FaceTime call with Guap, Snupe and Ishmael. Although it hadn't been that long since they last talked, it sure as hell felt like it.

"Honest to God, yo' ass could've told us you was goin' out there this week," Snupe said feeling a way. "Niggas moving in secret now."

Michael couldn't help but to laugh. "Get out yo' feelings Kalena."

"Nah. I said what I said."