23 | Bittersweet

When the right time came, decisions were made; Irish shocked Michael with the biggest news of the year

When the right time came, decisions were made; Irish shocked Michael with the biggest news of the year. She agreed to move to L.A. He hadn't made any plans to relocate soon—and not that he wasn't ready because he was—but what his wife wanted, she received. She had expressed to him that their last conversation made her reconsider each passing day. They were financially stabled, could afford any house or even buy land and build one all within an half year with the best architect(s), and they had no obligations holding them back. Why not move across the country and start anew?

It was time to switch up the scenery, and to see her elated about moving made him feel the exact same way. He never was a man to pressure her, and she knew this herself. To be given time to think things through before making impulsive decisions that helped with the process, they were expected to move to California in a matter of three days.

Since Irish put in her two week notice in advance, she worked her last week and was surprised by her co-workers throwing her a going away party. Daeva was emotional. She and Irish were the closest at the company. The thought of her moving away was painful, but she understood greatly and wanted her to move on to better things in life. One thing they vowed to each other was to keep in touch as much as possible. Irish wouldn't be working for the company in Virginia and despite the lack of availability but with pull her husband had, she was able to land a position at the L.A. location and would start as soon as they got settled in.

They didn't have any plans for the day, but Irish was the first to wake, meanwhile, Michael slept in. He had been getting so much preparation done as far as them relocating, Vena's EP and producing for two other artists in between schedules. He was such a hardworking man. Doja Cat and Summer Walker each had deadlines to release their albums in the month of October. Three songs for Doja Cat who flew to Virginia to record were "Rules", "Better Than Me" and "Say So" which had some of the best and funkiest bass lines and guitar riffs ever played on any track in today's music. She dubbed Michael's unique style "EC-Funk" similar to G-Funk. EC stood for East Coast.

Michael was known for being one of the best bass players in the game and never really had a name for his signature sound and genuinely thought it had a nice ring to it. With Summer, he worked on a track called "Tonight" and another called "Nobody Else" that he co-wrote. Soon, he would be working with Roddy Rich who recently signed with his upcoming label that had been in the works for a while now. For him, a break was a foreign thing nowadays, but he was grateful for the past week he had off and utilized it for rest that he desperately needed.

Wearing a pair of floral lace monaco blue cheeky painties with a matching camisole, Irish maneuvered around the kitchen. She had the coffee brewing in the coffee pot with the french vanilla creamer and sugar dispenser on the side and the morning paper ready for Michael. She then retrieved every ingredient that she needed from the refrigerator placing them on the island counter to prepare breakfast. She moved towards the cabinets opening one of the polished wooden doors for three frying pans and a small sized pot that she placed onto the stove. She made her way back over to the island counter and was about to open the new pack of bacon when she realized she needed a stick of butter. She turned around and ambled towards the fridge but spotted her husband walking in through her peripheral vision.