07

Just like Newt had said he was back for lunch and after eating with Nick he was now walking with her to Gally. 

“So find anything interesting in the maze?” Nick asked as they neared Gally. 

“Not really, although every time I saw vines I could imagine you climbing them.” 

“Sounds like something I'd do.” 

“Sounds? No, it is what you would do.” Newt smirked, nudging her with his elbow. 

She stayed silent for a second, “Am i trying out as a Runner after this?” 

“No.” He left at that giving no further explanation. 

“No?” Nick stopped walking, grabbing his arm and pulling him back. 

“You're not trying out as a Runner.” 

“And why not?” She crossed her arms over her chest raising her eyebrows. 

“It doesn't matter,” Before Nick could respond he looked over at Gally, “Gally! Nick’s here.” 

With those words Newt walked off leaving Nick with Gally having questions running through her mind. 

‘Why couldn't she try out as a Runner? Why did he suddenly turn so angry with her?’ 

“Alright Greenie you're with me. Come on, you're making a stool.” Gally was surprised that she had allowed him to call her Greenie until he realised she wasn't paying attention. 

“Greenie!” He hit the back of her head not so gently but it snapped her out of her daze. 

“Nick.” She corrected giving him a glare as she rubbed her head.

“Captain Gally. Nice to finally gain your attention.” He smirked with his sarcastic tone. 

Nick rolled her eyes and faked a sweet smile, “Alright, Captain Gally.”

“Good. Now come on, you're making a stool.” He started walking towards two stools that were placed by the tools she would need. 

She joined him not long after, grabbing the pieces of wood and a knife. 

“Guessing you know how to do it, genius?” Gally asked as he focused on his own work. 

Humming in response she began working on the stool while thinking back to her conversation with Newt. 

☆◇○•○◇☆

Nick was at the top of the wall working on a utility belt for Gally and his tools. She had asked Alby for the materials and he pointed her to a small room in the homestead. 

Minho was back from the maze and after going to map down his path in the Map room he had wandered around the Glade to find his trio. 

Newt, who hasn't spoken to Nick since their conversation, was distracting himself with work in the gardens. Every few minutes he would glance over at Nick on the wall to make sure she wasn't going to fall off the wall. 

Her legs were hanging off the side whilst she busied herself with making the utility belt. The materials and tools she needed were brought up in a small bag so she could work from the wall away from everyone else. 

♤●♤●♤
Nick lay with her back on the floor and her legs across the stool as she carved one of the stool legs. 

“The amount of times I have to go to that stupid tool shed just to get what I need.” Gally grumbled.