-Chapter Three-

"We thought it'd be fun."

"We thought we'd be safe, but..."

"We didn't realize the horror waiting for us on the island."

"Claws.. Teeth.. Screaming.. So much screaming.."

I raised a slight brow at his storytelling as we all sat on benches around the fire. Meh. Needs more gore described to actually be scary.

"Uh.. how much screaming, exactly..?" Ben interrupted, he was latched into Kenji's arm- for which I had already snickered and made comments at.

"Does it matter how much? Screaming is screaming." I remarked.

"Shh shh shh SHH! He's getting to the good part." Kenji shushed. I mimicked him mockingly, and he glared at me.

"The T-Rex stalked closer. Her jaws opened wide." Before he could continue, a flashing light snapped with a click as Brooklynn snapped a picture. Everyone turned to look at her.

"It's just for the vlog." She remarked calmly.
"Continue telling your little story."

I zoned out slightly, staring at the sky. Clouds, it's probably going to rain.

"This is gonna be good." Kenji anticipated.

Darius began again. "The T-Rex sta-"

"Dang!" Brooklynn exclaimed, cutting him off yet again. "Ran out of space. Wait, sorry, hold on. I really just don't wanna delete my selfie on Everest, y'know?"

I stood up. "I'm heading inside. Looks like it's getting ready to rain." I muttered the last part. I hated when stories were interrupted every five seconds, it honestly just ruins the mood.

I turned around and bounded back inside before anyone could protest against my decision.

I sat down on the couch, leaning my head back as I stared at the ceiling. Thunder boomed ahead, and I saw a flash of lightning. Called it.

Rain began pouring down, and everyone came bolting in. Darius was the last one. Poor guy didn't even get to finish his story.

"Honestly, Darius, it wasn't even that great of a story. I really wasn't engrossed or anything." I had picked up Ben's voice as he and the others walked by the couch I was sitting on, all talking.

Yasmina had sat next to me- well, more specifically as far as away as she could get on the couch, a sketchbook in her hand. I nodded a greeting towards her, and she returned it.

She looked at her book. "Oh, dang it, my pages got wet." She muttered to herself as she attempted to dry the paper off.

"I'd recommend leaving it out to dry, if it isn't that badly waterlogged." I called from where I was sitting.

She paused, looking at me. "Uh.. thanks.."

I grinned, then went back to staring at the ceiling.

"You need a friend!" Sammy exclaimed, and I yelped in surprise, falling off of the furniture. She suddenly appeared next to Yaz, and Yaz scooted away uncomfortably.