Chapter 1

MIKHA'S POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, accompanied bt the crowing of roosters and barking dogs outside.

I immediately checked the time and was shocked to see it was already 8:00am. I was going to be late for school because I stayed up late reading a book.

One thing was certain: I was going to get scolded by my professor again.

I quickly got up, took a shower, and got dressed to leave. It was already 8:20am. I almost forgot the book I was reading.

I arrived at school at 8:35am, delayed by traffic, which made me five minutes late for class, earning me a scolding from my professor.

Professor: Ms. Lim, why are you late?

Mikha: Sorry ma'am, I got stuck in traffic.

Professor: Is that my fault? Next time, make sure you arrive earlier. Discipline youself, Ms. Lim.

Mikha: Yes ma'am, I'm sorry again.

Professor: Fine, go in before I change my mind.

Mikha: Thank you, ma'am.

I'm really not a morning person, and my morning classes are so boring that I almost fall asleep If I weren't a dean's lister.

Finally, the torturous hours of my day were over.

I left the campus immediately, rented a bike, and went to my favorite spot, known by yhe elders as the River of Promises.

They say many couples made promises at this place; some were fulfilled, while others remained just words.

While wondering, I noticed a small container in the tree near the river.

Curious, I took it and opened it. Inside was a white rose stained with red, and a folded piece of paper.

I peeked inside to see what it containrd. It was a letter, and it seemed old, with bloodstains on it.

I read the contents, and it turned out to be for a woman named Maraiah.

/

Aking minamahal na Maraiah,

Tumulad ako sa pangako ko sainyo na susunod ako rito sa ilod, nasaan ka na Maraiah ko? Naghihintay ako sainyo.

Ngunit ipagpatawad mo mo mahal ko kung hindi ko kakayaning maghintay ng matagal p, nauubusan na ako ng dugo sa aking katawan hindi ko alam kung hanggang kailan pa ang itagagal ko. Kaya iiwan ko ang sulat na ito na nagbabasakali na mabasa mo upanh malaman mong hindi kita binigo mahal ko. Iiwan ko rin ang ang puting rosas na pinilit kong pitasin, alam ko kung gaano mo ito kagusto at ito ang tanda ng aking katapatan saiyo. Mahal na mahal kita Maraiah ko, pangako kahit sa kabilang buhay o sa susunod na buhay ikaw lang ako mamahalin ko.

Nagmamahal,
Mikhaela.

/

After reading, I was shocked because the author shared my name, but I didn't dwell on it much because it's impossible that I am the only "Mikhaela" in the world.

I put everything back in the container and returned it to it's place, knowing it deserved to be seen by the person it was written for.

I left as it was getting dark and returned the rented bike.

Before heading home, I stopped by my favorite library. The books here are really great, and the librarian, Mrs. Vergara, and sometimes her husband, are very kind.

/

Mikhaela: Good afternoon, Mrs. Vergara. Do you have any new books?

Mrs. Vergara: Oh,my favorite book borrower is here. Yes, we have some new arrivals.

Mikhaela: Where are they placed?

Mrs. Vergara: Over there on your favorite shelf. You always find gold books there.

Mikhaela: You really know me, ma'am, Thank you again!

Mrs. Vergara: You come here almost every day. I wonder how you finish the books you borrow so quickly.

Mikhaela: I've loved reading since I was a child po. *Smiles* I'll go look for a book now.

Mrs. Vergara: Alright, I hope you find another good one, *Smiles*

/

MRS. VERGARA'S POV

I know my grandmother will be delighted to know that I have found the girl she has been searching for.

But I still can't believe that I've found the kne my grandmother has been looking for. She was right —the girl loves to read. I think it's time she sees the book meant for her.

*Mrs. Vergas call her grandmother

" Lola? I think I've found her. I know you'll be happy when you see her.