Chapter 2

MIKHAELA'S POV

I'm a it again, looking for another book to stay up late reading. It's a bit obsessive, right?

Another nearby 30 minutes of searching, I finally found a book that really caught my attention.

I approached the librarian to fill out the library book borrow card and officially borrow the book.

/

Mikhaela: Hi Mrs. Vergara, after almost 30 minutes I found a good one.

Mrs. Vergara: It took you quiet a while this time, huh? *Chuckles*

Mikhaela: Yes, but luckily I found one.

Mrs. Vergara: Alright then, fill out the library book borrow car. Put down the title, author, your name, and date borrowed.

Mikhaela: Thank you, Mrs. Vergara!

Mrs. Vergara: You're always welcome, Mikhaela!

/

After filling out the library book borrowed card, I quickly left.

When I stepped outside, it was pouring rain and I didn't have an umbrella.

I've been here at the waiting shed for a while, and it's getting dark.

There aren't any rides passing through this area expect if I walk to the terminal.

/

??: Don't step out the rain, here's an umbrella.

Mikhaela: Oh no, please, you keep it. But thank you so much.

??: Come on, take it. You need it more so you can get home safely. It's getting dark, and something might happen to you.

Mikhaela: It's embarrassing, but okay, I'll take it. Thank you very much! Please take care.

LOLA MARAIAH'S POV

You haven't changed. Mikhaela; you still love reading books. I'm glad I caught you here at the waiting shed, near my granddaughter's library.

I hope by lending you this umbrella, you feel my care, the care I once showed you when you still remembered me.

MIKHAELA'S POV

I thought I'd be stuck here because of this heavy rain, which showed no signs of stopping.

I was about to walk to the terminal when an elderly woman offered me her umbrella.

I got shy, so I didn't accept it, but she insisted so I took it to get home.

What puzzled me was the strange feeling I got when I saw her and started talking to me.

I immediately felt comfortable and sensed her genuine concern and care for me.

I reached the terminal, and it was still raining hard.

Fortunately, the bus that was going to my place was still there.

I boarded my look for a seat.

To my surprise, I saw the familiar face of the elderly woman who lent me the umbrella, and the seat next to her was the only one available.

I quickly sat down as the driver announced we were leaving.

/

Mikhaela: Hi ma'am! Thank you for lending me your umbrella.

Lola Maraiah: Hello dear! Don't mention it; it's to keep you from catching a cold. *smiles*

Mikhaela: Thank you so much! I'll return your umbrella. *smiles*

Lola Maraiah: No need, it's yours now. I have another one here, and it's still raining you can use it.

Mikhaela: Are you sure? Thank you very much.

Lola Maraiah: Of course, don't mention it.

Mikhaela: You're so kind po. Your husband, children, and grandchildren must be very lucky to have you. *smiles"

Lola Maraiah: Husband? I don't have one and I'm gay *chuckles* :But there's a woman who promised to marry me but never came back.

Mikhaela: I'm sorry to hear that.

Lola Maraiah: It's alright. But I do have a child and grandchildren; I adopted because I couldn't marry anyone else. She's the only one my heart has ever loved.

Mikhaela: Whenever she is, I hope she knows how much you love her.

Lola Maraiah: I hope so.

/

We talked the entire trip. She was a enjoy to talk to, and I felt so at ease with her.

Soon, I had to get off the bus, so I said goodbye.

/

Mikhaela: I have to get off now. It was nice meeting you.

Lola Maraiah: Before I forget, what's your name again?

Mikhaela: Mikhaela, but you can call me Mikhs po.

Lola Maraiah: I'm Menchielou. Take care, Mikhs. *smiles*

Mikhaela: You too, Lola Menchielou. *smiles*

/

LOLA MARAIAH'S POV

Menchielou? What a crazy name right? I had no choice because it's the first thing that comes to my mind.

I'm sorry, Mikhaela, but I had to lie to you, even though I wanted so much for you to remember me.

I know you wouldn't be able to accept that we can't be together in this lifetime. I'm too old for you, my love.

Forgive me for reincarnating too early. I promise to find you in my next life.

MIKHAELA'S POV

I was so happy during the entire trip because I met someone who also loves reading books.

Even though she's not my age, what's important is that we share the same passion.

She mentioned that the woman she loves also loved reading books, which made me feel compelled to find her and bring them back together.