Chapter 4 : Orik

I don't know what the fuck was going through my mother's head, but dinner was the farthest thing from my mind. Murder,and patricide were right there at the forefront,singing along and sipping margaritas. Anger,the likes of which I hadn't felt in a long time, colored my vision red. I could no longer hear anything except for the blood pounding in a staccato in my ears. So powerful was my rage, that when the urge came over I didn't question it or try to fight it. Instead my feet carried me forward,and in one smooth motion I drew my right arm back and slammed it hard into the back of my father's head smashing his face into the wall next to the door he had just entered through and was now attempting to exit. The plaster cracked around his face in a delicate pattern, I almost purred with savage satisfaction.

"Now really, that's quite enough" mother gasped, extremely alarmed at either seeing her husband's face put through the wall, or knowing that it was her son that did it. Oh well, not like it mattered much anyway. Maxie-Mae gave a small scream and put her small hands over her mouth delicately, she was staring at my father with a mixture of fright and what I think was righteous vindication. Watching her my anger evaporated into mist, at that moment all I wanted to do was have her in my arms cradled safely to my chest, My anger returned in full force however when My father attempted to move forward, from the hole in the wall where my fist was still pressing his face firmly into it.

"You know mother, I have to disagree with you on that one." My voice was gruff with anger, but my voice was more or less level and clear.

I unclenched my fist, digging my fingers into his scalp. I drew my arm back and slammed it forward no less than six times. The hole was now a crater. No one had made any attempt to stop me, I looked around and saw that mother was watching on dispassionately, no visible disapproval, in fact I was sure I could detect a hint of pride, or was it satisfaction? Maxie-May still hadn't moved ,but the look of fear had vanished from her eyes. It had been replaced with excitement, raw bestial excitement at the violence,excitement at seeing her mate punish anyone foolish enough to insult her. I watched her feeling myself becoming turned on at the sight of her in that dress again, with that expression on her face. Oh Luna, I could have happily made love to her right then, even with my mother watching and my now unconscious father.

She looked up at me right then, and I felt an almost palpable heat fill the space between us. I was almost sure that she wouldn't have minded having sex right then either. Clearly thinking along those lines I saw the blush suffuse her cheeks, but she didn't look away. My back went straight however, as all of a sudden I realized a warrior had accompanied my father on his way in. The warrior was standing just outside the doorway,but his eyes were glued to Maxie's large bust which was being made all the more prominent by that dress. I swore, and bent down to my left boot where I kept my small throwing knife, he was so preoccupied with gawking at my mate's chest that he didn't react at all,not until several inches of sharp steel was embedded in his arm. That was a pity because I had been aiming for his shoulder.

Nevertheless, the warrior gave a startled yell and staggered back clutching his arm which was suddenly covered in blood. He stared uncomprehendingly at his arm, then to me, the hole in the wall and then to my father. He hurried forward and began to pick up my father,stammering and such, but I cut him off with a growl, "I really don't like you so save the bullshit." He stopped trying to speak,and focused on his task, my father had a broken nose and some bruises, all of which were already starting to heal. Age notwithstanding he was pretty healthy so I suspect he'd be back to one hundred percent in a few hours,it wasn't exactly like I had really hit him that hard.

"As far as I'm concerned this is all your fault," I told the warrior after a moment of relative silence. " You were there when Maxie and I met, you saw everything and you told my old man. I'm no idiot, nor am I a fool, every time I see you, you're ogling my mate,like some damned slack jawed idiot. So let me say this once, the next time I catch your eyes where they don't belong, I'll beat you within an inch of your life." With that said I turned to my mother who was watching me with a smirk, she hadn't been bothered in the slightest over my little skirmish with Dad at all.