CHAPTER FIVE : Maxie-May

His soft breathing whisked around the valley between my breasts as I laid there beneath his heavy body not heavy as in fat, but he was very muscular. In fact, I doubted that there was even a single ounce of fat on him. The moonlight brightened the room the slightest bit as I laid there quietly, threading the tips of my fingers through his tousled black hair. His head laid on my chest as his large arm was draped over my waist and his leg laid beneath the gap of my own. I smiled as he nuzzled my collarbone before huffing slightly in his sleep.

The idea that I would be spending my life with Orik was a thousand times easier to bear. I was actually looking forward to it,how drastically my views on the matter had changed after the course of an evening.

The kiss we shared just before Orik drew back still had my toes curling in wonder about what it would feel like if we went all the way and I sighed at the thought; he was right though, we had just met and even though mates normally mate in the first couple days of finding each other, I knew I wanted to actually get to know mine. I deserved that much, after going back on my word. I considered it a little odd that it had actually been Orik and not me who had insisted on abstaining, it said a lot about his character.

I giggled softly as Orik mumbled beneath his breath about something along the lines of "Asshole warrior", I quickly knew who he was talking about and felt slightly bad for Warrior Lennox. An entire year's worth of solitary confinement was a bit much, but I had already argued with the King and Orik about giving him less than the multiple years they originally wanted too; so a year was what I compromised with.

Kissing his messed up hair, I smiled as my wolf purred, making my body vibrate with the simple sound. Giggling softly, I brushed another fist full of hair out of his face and grazed his eyebrow; there was nothing about if that I wanted to change nor should I. In just the small time we've known each other i've found found him caring and sweet, taking his needs and placing them under my own as he showed himself to be a true gentlemen.

Lifting my eyes from where I was watching him sleep like a true creep, I watched the moonlight off the branches outside the window dance around the room from the wind. Something had woken me up hours after falling asleep in Orik's arms and I didn't seem to know what it was. Smoothing my other hand down Orik's bare back, I felt the muscles ripple beneath my fingertips as he shifted, bringing me closer to his heated body.

My thoughts slowly drifted from my mate to my parents; they would have loved Orik already, though my father would have taken the stupid stereotypical role of the "father that hated the boyfriend" or in this case mate. Which my mother would counter with coddling Orik in the way of stuffing him with baked goods. As much as my mother had been a warrior she'd also been a loving and caring woman that spoiled me and my brothers when we were younger.

I frowned at the thought that her parents would never be able to meet either her brothers' mates or her own,

I lowered my eyes to look at my sleeping one,.Orik's snorts slowly drifted up to my ears, causing me to wrinkle my nose at the sound. "He sleep talks and snores. I think ear plugs are in need, " I whispered, yawning behind my hand as I drew from his back.

It wasn't long before something creaked in the distance from Orik's room, alerting me of the door opening of the room that the rugrats were sleeping in down the hall.I shifted beneath Orik, carefully easing myself out of his strong and possessive hold. Deftly, I replaced my body with the pillows I had been laying on only to be amazed as he rejected them and quickly turned over on his side with a huff.

I snickered to myself, as I crept around the room before feeling the breeze around my legs and I too huffed. I was only wearing Orik's t-shirt, I wasn't about to go out in the castle practically naked,even among shifters (where modesty is practically nonexistent) I didn't want to risk giving the wrong idea . I looked around the darkened room with my excellent night vision before noticing a pair of Orik's boxers sticking out from his suitcase, half folded. I snatched the clean undergarments from the suitcase and slipped them on, and cinched them to the max before exiting the bedroom.