FIVE

⋆༺𓆩☠︎︎𓆪༻⋆

He stood in his private gym, early morning light filtering through the windows, a golden glow painting his chiselled frame. Rhythmic clinking of weights, hums of machinery, conjured up symphonies of focused strength. Roman's body was a masterpiece of muscle and sinew, glistening with a sheen of sweat that highlighted every contour.

With each controlled lift, his biceps bulged, veins snaking like rivers beneath his bronzed skin. Legacy-carrying shoulders flexed with power and precision. The bulky tattoo that adorned his arms and chest came alive with each movement, telling stories of battles fought and victories won. His face was a pure sculpture by the gods, hair tied up loosely. Strong jawline, intense focus in his dark eyes.

Workouts were more than just a physical regimen to Roman; they were rituals of mental fortitude.

He closed his eyes, blocking out the world, focusing solely on the burn in his muscles and the steady rhythm of his breath. With each rep, he pushed away doubts and fears that would otherwise cloud his judgement, replacing them with steely resolve.

Dropping the weights, he moved to the heavy bag, each punch a release of pent-up energy. His fists flew in a blur, the sound of impact echoing through the gym like thunder. His abs were hard as granite, contracting with each powerful blow, the relentless discipline and dedication.

As the sweat poured down his face and dripped onto the mat, Roman's clarity was secured. This was his sanctuary, a place where honing his body prepared him for battles to come. The world outside was chaotic and treacherous, but here, in this sacred space, he was in complete control.

Roman was lost in the rhythm of his workout when the gym door creaked open. Heyman stepped in, his presence almost apologetic amidst the intensity of Roman's sanctuary. The balding advisor with sharp eyes and a weary demeanour hesitated before speaking, knowing better than to disturb the boss without good reason.

"S-sorry for the interruption, my Tribal Chief," Heyman started, respectfully and subdued, "But Tamina has arrived."

Roman nodded, his breath still heavy from the exertion. "Thank you, Wise Man," he replied, wiping the sweat from his brow with a towel. He took a moment to gather himself, slowing his breathing, and letting his heartbeat return to normal. He tossed the towel aside and gave Paul a nod before heading towards the door.

"She got her stuff with her?" he asked as the pair made their way up to the living room.

"Of course. She's ready as always."

Tamina was sat chatting animatedly with the twins and Solo, who sat listening with a rare smile. Despite her visit being due to unfortunate circumstances, the familial connection it injected into the atmosphere couldn't be ignored. It was almost like the more people inhabiting the house, the warmer it felt—and not just physically.

"Roman!" Tamina greeted, her face breaking into a warm smile. "There you are." She got up from the couch to embrace him. Her hug was strong and genuine, a reflection of her.

He returned the embrace, feeling a rare moment of comfort. "Good to see you, Tamina," he said, pulling back slightly. "How you been, girl?"

"Busy, but that's the norm, right?" she replied with a chuckle, before her eyes softened. "How's Ava?"

"Uh, she's doin' well," he nodded, shifting his weight. "Keepin' up with school and all."

His cousin nodded, understanding the weight of the situation behind his words. "And, uh... Maria?" she ventured, dropping her voice to a more hushed tone.