11

Aurelia and Sirius laid on the girl's bed, his hands around her shoulders as she rested her head on his chest, listening to his heart beat.

"i didn't know that's what Regulus said. i feel kinda bad about punching Moony now." Sirius said making Aurelia chuckle.

"it's okay."

"how—" he hesitated for a bit. "how are you feeling ?"

"pissed off."

"rightfully so, even my blood was boiling when that idiot Fawly started talking to you."

Aurelia laughed. "he really is an idiot huh."

"definitely."

he looked down at her and kissed her head. geez, don't do that, she thought. she'd misinterpret it.

"can i ask what happened?" Aurelia hummed in question, he saw what happened, did he want to hear it from her ?

"you saw what happened."

"no i mean the outburst. i've never seen you like that."

Aurelia sighed as she got out of his embrace and looked at him, her arm supporting her.

"i guess i've just had enough. it was all too much. they never listen and then wonder why we never win."

"they're pricks." Sirius said, turning to look at her. he held her gaze, not wanting to break the eye contact. her eyes were mesmerising.

"it's not just that. everyone always makes assumptions about me. it pisses me off." she breathed.

"ever since the fight with Reg, everything's been horrible here —i don't mean Hogwarts, i mean my house— people won't stop repeating what he says, and they act like it's true!"

"what? that you like muggles?" he was confused. didn't she?

"not that," she sighed. "that i'm a blood traitor and a bitch. respecting other people doesn't mean i'm a traitor or a bitch. it's common curtesy. muggles aren't inferior to us just because they can't do magic, and the same goes for muggle borns. they're not filth just because they have muggle blood, that's insane!"

relief washed over Sirius as he heard her say that.

"to top it all off, this whole situation with Regulus is bullshit! he's hanging out with people like Lestrange and Mulciber and it's scaring me. he didn't used to be like that."

Sirius was quite angry at his brother. he hadn't known that he'd said those things to Aurelia. and the fact that he's hanging out with those people made him sick to his stomach.

"it's all too much! i feel like i'm not welcome here, Reg is involved with bad people and i just feel so," she sighed in frustration, "helpless."

Sirius sat up, took her hand in his and held it on his lap.

"i owe you an apology, Lia."

"what for?" she furrowed her brows.

"i made assumptions about you too. i thought you were a pureblood supremacist just because you're a pureblood Slytherin."

"oh," it was an apology she didn't really need, but was thankful for. Sirius had proved to her that he was good, that he considered her a friend. "thank you Sirius, really, it means a lot. but you don't have to—"

"no, i do." he cut her off. "if i don't, then im no different than those pricks. and truth be told, i was an absolute arse towards you."

Aurelia smiled, squeezing his hand.