xxii. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞

//chapter twenty-two• the text message

• the text message

"GET UP STONER, you're going to school!" Pope shouted as he came into the chateau really early Monday morning. He immediately smacked JJ in the forehead to snap the blond out of sleep. "Let's go!" 

"Uggghhh, Poooope." JJ whined from the couch.

"Shut up, both of you." Andrew grumbled, still half asleep on his side of the pullout bed. He was far enough away from JJ not to be self conscious of them being on the same mattress. No one wants to sleep in the dead person's room. 

"Dude, you are the worst wake up alarm." JJ complained, not getting up as Pope grabbed a empty beer can off the floor and tossed it at JJ. 

"Then get up." Pope snapped as Andrew sat up and threw a death glare at Pope. "Oh, don't look at me like that." Pope replied, not at all phased by his murderous look. "Someone has to keep this one on track." He motioned to JJ. "Get up, get dress. You've got fifteen minutes before I'll pull your ass out the door." 

"This is so stupid." JJ whined as Pope noticed Andrew black eye but didn't say anything about it. 

"Fifteen minutes." Pope repeated as Andrew rolled his eyes and yanked the sheets over his head. 

Pope walked into the kitchen and, after making sure the bread wasn't moldy, stuck bread slices into the toaster for JJ. 

"You're such a dick." JJ growled at the smaller Pogue as JJ pulled on a shirt and walked over to where Pope was in the kitchen. 

But Pope ignored his morning hostility as he crossed his arms. "Should I even ask what happened to Andrew?" Pope questioned in a hushed voice so a half-asleep-Andrew wouldn't hear him. 

"Wish I knew. He won't tell me." JJ grumbled as he ran a hand through his knotted blonde hair. 

"Of course he won't. He's Andrew." Pope retorted as the toast in and toaster popped up, making him jump. Pope pulled the toast out and put them on the chopping block. "Peanut butter, butter, shit on it if you want to just hurry up we gotta leave." Pope told his friend before he went into the hall closet and dug around until he found a backpack not being used for weed. 

"Are we really doing this?" JJ groaned out as he glared over in Pope's direction. 

"Yes. I got you all your pencils and notebooks." Pope informed which made JJ roll his eyes. 

"You do know we're just gonna get stared at and picked on, right?" JJ asked as he stuck peanut butter toast in his mouth. "Friends of murderer." He said as he pulled the fridge open and pulled a beer out.

"Shut up. Let's go." Pope commanded, motioning to the door. JJ glanced at the lump on the bed which was Andrew, before he begrudgingly following the boy out so they could so pick up Kie.