Chapter Three: Questions*

Anashé

"Mommy! Good morning, Mommy!" Ari sang running up to my bed, jumping on it with my phone in hand. "Aunty 'Pri is on the phone for you!"

She smiled handing me the phone.

"Thank you aunt's baby," Capri sang on over the phone. "I love you!"

"I love you more!" Aria sang smiling at the phone. She mussi video call me. "Tell Ollica I love her, too, aunty!"

Capri laughed, "I will sweet girl, I will."

Ari smiled, then handed me the phone before grabbing my face and kissing me on the mouth.

"I love you, mommy!" She grinned. "That's from me and Max."

My heart felt heavy all of a sudden. Jeez, how'd I get so lucky?

"I love you both so, so, so much!"I kissed her cheeks. "Is Max still upset?"

Suddenly her eyes drooped, and then she nodded.

"He said Daddy broke his promise," she sighed, sounding stressed. " And daddy always said you should never break a promise, so Max is also a Liddle bit conf-wuse."

Hold it Ana...don't you rass cry. Hold it. This is all my fault. But Kai didn't have to miss Max's swim meet because he wanted to avoid me. He knows how his son is... he worships his dad.

"Okay, baby, I'll come talk to him in a little bit," I smiled at her. "Give mommy a second."

She nodded and hopped off the bed, running out of the room with like a ball of energy only a five-year-old could have.

I suddenly realized that Capri was on the phone and held up the phone to face me. Capri looked like she bout fi bawl all of a sudden.

"Nashé I am so, so, so sorry, boo," she sighed. "This is my fault, a mi give yuh bad information and-"

"No, no, shush, you did nuttn wrong...because as much as I believe Malikai didn't fuck her, I also know my gut feeling, and it's telling me that girl wants him," I let out a heavy sigh. "I just-- I just wish I didn't let my temper get the best of me...I stormed in that man's meeting like any mad ooman."

"I heard," she sighed.

"Is he still over there?" Capri texted to tell me that Kai, Ollie, and Scamma were there last night, drinking and whatever. She nodded.

"So, how mad is he?"

"Well, he seemed-"

"Wait, wait, wait, he's calling me!" Same time mi jump up inna di bed and fixed my hair. Then I noticed it was not video call and it's like my heart sank. But at least he's calling me.

"Girl! Thank God!" Capri looked relieved. In all these years together, we rarely argued, so I knew everyone's anxiety was high after how I behaved yesterday.

I quickly hung up and answered my husband.

"Hey," the word blurted out of my mouth quicker than I wanted.

"Hey," He replied.

The line went silent. I felt my anxiety building by the second...com'on Kai talk to me, babe.

"Hey baby girl," My heart's anxiety melted the moment he called me baby girl.

"Hey baby," I felt tears building up behind my eyes. "I uhm, I-when are you gonna come home?"

"I'm already here,"

What? Just then I heard the door opening and there he was, shirtless, all his muscles and tattoos glistening in the morning's sun and I melted. Why was my man so fine?