Chapter 10

== 🎞️🎭📽️📇 == 🏎️🏁🏆🍾 ==

< I think I may be, fallin' for you >

< Maybe I should keep this to myself >

< Waiting 'til I know you better >

< I don't know what to do >

Fallin' for you - Colbie Caillat

== 🎞️🎭📽️📇 == 🏎️🏁🏆🍾 ==

I woke up to the soft light of the Miami sun filtering through the curtains, feeling a mix of excitement and something else I couldn't quite put my finger on. It was Friday, the first official day of the Miami Grand Prix weekend, and I could already feel the buzz in the air. But there was something more on my mind this morning—something that had nothing to do with the race.

I reached for my phone on the nightstand and reread the late night text from Charles, and our lunch friend date that I had agreed, almost without thinking, but now, as I stared at the screen, a swirl of anticipation and nerves hit me. The fact that I might actually be falling for him. The thought stuck with me, no matter how much I tried to push it away.

With a sigh, I tossed my phone aside and swung my legs out of bed, heading to the bathroom. The cold water I splashed on my face was refreshing, but it didn't wash away the thoughts running through my head. As I brushed my teeth, I caught my reflection in the mirror. This is getting complicated, I thought. I wasn't sure if I was ready for this, but the flutter in my stomach every time I was around him was undeniable.

I kept my breakfast light, just some yogurt, granola, and fresh fruit from the hotel buffet. I tried distracting myself with the news and any work emails, but my mind kept drifting back to Charles and our upcoming lunch. I was trying to keep things casual, but deep down, I knew there was more to it—something I wasn't sure I was ready to deal with.

Back in my room, I took my time getting ready. I picked out a comfortable but stylish outfit, something that felt right for the paddock but still looked put together. I was wearing a Ferrari cap with a beige top and matching beige pants. It was casual enough to say, I'm here for the racing, but I couldn't help wanting to look good for him. I added a light layer of makeup, just enough to feel polished, and let my waves flow freely under the cap.

By the time I left the hotel, the paddock was already alive with activity. The sun was bright, and the energy around me was infectious. When I got to the Ferrari garage, the team greeted me warmly, making me feel right at home. I found my spot and tried to focus on the practice session, but the thought of lunch with Charles was never far from my mind.

Practice 1 flew by in a blur of tire changes, engine roars, and data analysis. I tried to keep my attention on the screens and the track, but my eyes kept drifting to Charles as he communicated with his engineers. There was an intensity about him today that I found both captivating and slightly intimidating.

@the.only.alek.rossi posted on their story

rossi           posted on their story