Qtoey

Toey stumbled down the dimly lit alley behind the nightclub, his laughter echoing off the walls as he struggled to keep his balance in his high-heeled boots. The neon lights from the club's sign flickered overhead, casting an eerie glow on the street. His shirt—a skimpy, mesh crop top—barely covered his torso, and his tight shorts left little to the imagination. His friends, just as inebriated, trailed behind him, giggling and stumbling as they made their way toward the waiting car.

Toey fumbled with his phone, squinting at the screen as he tried to send a message. The alcohol coursing through his veins made it difficult to focus, but he finally managed to tap out a sloppy text to Q, his boyfriend of the past year.

"Phi' Q, come pick me up. I'm at the club. Love uuuu 😘"

He hit send and then burst into another fit of giggles, leaning against the wall for support. His head was spinning, and his thoughts were a jumbled mess, but he didn't care. He was having fun, living life on his terms.

A few minutes later, the sound of tires screeching to a halt broke through his haze of drunkenness. Toey looked up to see Q's car pulling up to the curb, the headlights casting harsh beams into the night. The door flew open, and Q stepped out, his face a mask of barely contained fury.

"Toey!" Q's voice was sharp, cutting through the noise of the street. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Toey grinned, pushing himself off the wall and sauntering toward Q, swaying slightly with each step. "Phi' Q! You came! I missed you!"

Q's eyes darkened as he took in Toey's disheveled appearance—the revealing clothes, the smudged makeup, the glazed look in his eyes. He grabbed Toey's arm, his grip firm as he pulled him closer, anger radiating off him in waves.

"What are you wearing? And how much have you had to drink?" Q demanded, his voice low and furious.

Toey pouted, trying to pull his arm free, but Q's hold was unyielding. "Why are you mad, Phi'? I was just having fun! We were dancing, and drinking... everyone was so nice."

Q's jaw clenched, and he tightened his grip on Toey's arm, his anger barely restrained. "You're underage, Toey. You're not even supposed to be in that club. And look at you! You're drunk, wearing clothes that barely cover you... What were you thinking?"

Toey's carefree demeanor faltered, a flicker of guilt crossing his features. But he quickly brushed it off, giving Q a defiant look. "I'm 18, Phi'. I'm an adult now. I can do what I want."

Q's anger flared, and he pulled Toey closer, his voice low and dangerous. "Just because you're 18 doesn't mean you can act like this. You're still a kid, Toey, and you're putting yourself in danger. Do you even realize what could have happened to you tonight?"

Toey's confidence wavered, and he looked away, his heart pounding in his chest. He knew Q was right, but admitting it felt like surrendering. "I was just... I wanted to have fun, Phi'. I didn't think it would be such a big deal."

Q's eyes softened, but his grip on Toey's arm remained firm. "It is a big deal, Toey. You don't understand how dangerous these places can be. You're lucky nothing happened to you tonight."

Toey swallowed hard, the weight of Q's words settling in. He hadn't thought about the risks, hadn't considered the consequences of his actions. All he had wanted was to escape, to feel free, but now he realized how reckless he had been.

"I'm sorry, Phi'," Toey whispered, his voice small and uncertain. "I didn't mean to make you worry."

Q sighed, the tension in his shoulders easing slightly. He released Toey's arm and gently cupped his face, forcing him to meet his gaze. "Toey, I care about you. More than anything. But you can't keep doing this. You can't keep putting yourself in these situations. It's not just about you being 18; it's about making smart choices. Safe choices."

Tears welled up in Toey's eyes, a mix of shame and regret washing over him. "I just... I wanted to feel like I could do something on my own. Like I could make my own decisions."

Q's expression softened further, and he pulled Toey into a tight embrace, holding him close. "You can make your own decisions, Toey. But that doesn't mean you have to do it alone. I'm here for you, to help you, to keep you safe. Don't shut me out."

Toey buried his face in Q's chest, the reality of his actions sinking in. He had been selfish, reckless, and he had scared the person who cared about him most. "I'm so sorry, Phi'. I won't do it again, I promise."

Q stroked his hair, pressing a gentle kiss to the top of his head. "I just want you to be safe, Toey. That's all I care about."

They stood there for a moment, wrapped in each other's arms, the noise of the city fading into the background. Toey knew he had crossed a line, that he had pushed Q's patience to its limit. But as Q held him, he felt a sense of comfort, of security, that he hadn't realized he had been missing.

Finally, Q pulled back slightly, his eyes searching Toey's face. "Let's go home," he said softly. "We'll talk more in the morning."

Toey nodded, wiping away the remnants of his tears. He knew there would be more to discuss, more consequences to face, but for now, he was just grateful that Q was there, that he hadn't given up on him.

As they walked to the car, Toey leaned on Q for support, his heart heavy with the weight of his actions but also filled with a renewed sense of resolve. He didn't want to disappoint Q again. He didn't want to lose the one person who cared enough to pull him back from the edge.

And as the car pulled away from the club, leaving the night behind them, Toey silently promised himself that he would do better. For Q, and for himself.