xxvi. 𝐢 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 (m)

//chapter twenty-six• i enjoy making you frown (mature)

• i enjoy making you frown (mature)

JJ WAS DOWN. Kie and Pope could tell from the very moment that he and Andrew returned that the two had not made up. It was pretty clear that they had argued. But aside from the fact that he was drinking more than he usually did, he did a pretty good job of hiding whatever was wrong. 

The group returned to John B's chateau just before sunset. The air was golden and the sky was orange. Andrew felt a lot of relief when he saw the familiar chateau; he couldn't imagine how John B himself felt. He looked happy, happier than he'd seen him in a while. Sarah too was grinning eye to eye, so intensely Andrew worried for her sun burnt skin. It cracked and peeled near her hairline, but the girl wasn't any less beautiful.

"Welcome home guys." JJ smiled, genuinely, as he steered the boat to the dock. They helped tie it down before jumping out.

Kie came to a halt suddenly, smile turning into a grimace. "Not exactly looking forward to a check in at home. My parents have probably already arranged my funeral."

"I predict unpleasantries at the Heyward household." Pope nodded, frowning. "Especially after leaving the truck in Charleston."

50% of Andrew's family was stood right next to him in the form of Sarah Cameron. The other half was Wheezie, who'd been a worry in the back of Andrew's mind for days down. 

"But no one knows we're here right?" JJ looked around them. "And you guys won't get into any more trouble for showing up twelve hours later... am I right or am I right?"

"You're not wrong..." Pope agreed. Goddamn JJ and his words, though it wasn't exactly like anyone had any particular want to go anywhere else.

"So that means we have twelve hours to do whatever we want! Huh? A little Pogue fellowship! How does that sound?" He was smiling now, smirking even. It was contagious.

John B caught it too, smirk wide. "Let shit hit the fan tomorrow."

"Yeah!"

Sarah shook her head, they all turned. "The cops could be looking for us. It could be really stupid."

For a second, everyone and their smiles faltered, but then JJ made his way toward her with a mischievous grin. "Sarah Cameron, you've heard of my philosophy, right?"

"No."

"Stupid things have good outcomes, all of the time." And as he spoke, the other three all chimed in too. 

Andrew rolled his eyes: it was typical JJ.

The brunet walked off as soon as he got the chance.

The group went off the chateau to change into fresh clothes that weren't muddy or sweaty or gross before they were back on the boat; ready to venture to whichever mysterious beer source JJ claimed he had access to. Sarah immediately went to John B and sat by his side: they were sickeningly cute. Kie made a kissy face at Andrew and he scoffed. But then he made eye contact with JJ and stopped.