xxvii. 𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐲, 𝐫𝐮𝐧

//chapter twenty-seven• run boy, run 

• run boy, run 

ANDREW AND JJ were, for once, being peaceful as they sat on the porch on the night watch, looking for any sign that Andrew's psycho step-brother might return. There's a tranquil quiet back between the two of them, like there had been in the days after Sarah and John B's 'deaths'. They could tolerate each other's presence without losing it in some form or another. 

Sarah and John B noticed this, when they finally came out of the chateau at about four-in-the-morning. John B, in particular, as his eyes flicked between the two of them. 

"Did you two manage to reconcile your differences?" Sarah asked, crossing her arms and raising her eyebrows.

The boys in question glanced at each other. They were already planning to tell these two somehow, considering that Pope and Kie already knew. A tight lipped secret that JJ accidentally let slip when they were discussing where they went from here. 

"You could say that, yeah." JJ shrugged, tipsy again from the beer in his hand. 

"Okay, seriously," John B looked a little unnerved. "What is going on with you two? Huh? What can't we know?" 

JJ got a look from Andrew before he jumped to his feet and hooked an arm over his best friends shoulder. "Come over here with me, please." He said in a horrible accent as he dragged John B away, leaving Andrew with Sarah. 

The blonde glanced at her brother as he stood up. 

Seeing Andrew's nerves, Sarah was pretty sure that her brother didn't realize she'd already worked out what was going on. Sarah may not have been able to guess Andrew's past partners, but this one was fairly obvious with the amount of times he'd said he 'hated JJ'. Maybe if Sarah had never become a Pogue, she wouldn't have ever figured it out. 

She smiled and wrapped her brother in a hug before he could get any words out. "I am very happy for you and Mr. I-Hate-You." 

"I..." Andrew froze a moment before hugging her back. "I didn't even say anything." 

"You didn't have to." She says against his shoulder. "I'm your sister, it's my job to know things before you tell them to me. Are you dating?" 

"Not... necessarily." 

"But you're together?" 

"...Yeah." 

"Then I'm happy for you. Point-blank-period, Andy." She gives him a squeeze before she lets him go. "I told you this one was different." 

"You didn't even know who he was back then." Andrew scoffed. 

"Mmm, but I had the intuition." 

"You had somethin'."