𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

𝗧𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗢𝗡 𝗗𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗘 𝗚𝗔𝗥𝗗𝗡𝗘𝗥 (𝗦𝗸𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗮 𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆)                    𝟮𝟱  📍𝗗𝗘𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗜𝗧, 𝗠𝗜

                    𝟮𝟱
  📍𝗗𝗘𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗜𝗧, 𝗠𝗜

DETROIT, MI
6:00am
Taniya's Hair Appointment
...

Skilla sat in a vacant chair next to his girlfriend, scrolling away on his phone while she got her hair done.

"Niy girl it's been forever since you booked wimme, you always wanna do yo own hair!" Niy's hairstylist and childhood friend, Raquella or Quel as some people called her, laughed.

"Girl you right! I don't know why I haven't booked in so long. To be honest I be booked up my damn self, I barely have time to do much but install a wig, let alone book an appointment." Niy laughed.

"Girl you right, you see how my hair look." Quel said, her 37' soft locs that's she done 3-months ago looking like they needed a refresh.

"Girl shit, you see how mine look!" Taniya laughed, her hair had been looking a bit of a mess lately, she either kept it on a ponytail, a bob or she put a wig over it.

That was part of the reason she booked with Raquella, she needed a wash, deep condition treatment, a trim and a style. Raquella was the fastest, the cheapest and the best in the city.

She did all over that for only $150-$200 depending on the style, she didn't charge for hair care, just the style. The hair care was optional.

But if you chose to get a wash and things like that, it was free. Raquella believed that black women (or women in general because she didn't only do black hair) shouldn't have to pay hundred and thousands of dollars for their hair to be properly taken care of. It took nothing but water and a couple products, and scissors to wash, deep condition, treat and trim a clients hair.

If a stylist could do it on themselves for free, they could do it for their clients for free, the difficult part is really the styling.

"Whatchu book for again girl?" She said, blowdrying her friend's hair so she could start trimming.

"30 inch knotless braids."

"Ion have 30 inch hair, only 35 and 40. Im sorry, I ain't go to the hair store yesterday like I was supposed to."

"Girl, it's coo. I'll take the 35, ain't nothing wrong wit a lil extra length."

"You sho is right." The women laughed together.

-
-
-