𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

𝗧𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗢𝗡 𝗗𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗘 𝗚𝗔𝗥𝗗𝗡𝗘𝗥 (𝗦𝗸𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗮 𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆)                    𝟮𝟱          📍𝗗𝗘𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗜𝗧, 𝗠𝗜

𝟮𝟱
📍𝗗𝗘𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗜𝗧, 𝗠𝗜

DETROIT, MI
8:00am
Skilla's House
...

My life is all I have. My rhymes, my pen, my pad; and I done made it out the struggle don't judge me. What you sayin' now, won't budge me.

"Cause where I come from, so often, people you grow up wit laying in a coffin. But I done made it through the pain and strife. It's my time now, my world, my life, my life." Skilla sung lowly to 'm y . l i f e' by J.Cole ft. 21 savage and morray.

It was one of his favorite songs on The Off-Season album. His other favorite was 'p r i d e . i s . t h e . d e v i l' which featured Lil Baby.

Currently, he was making breakfast. Growing up, his mom taught him how to cook, clean, do laundry, all the household chores that men deemed as a "woman's job", she made all her sons learn because it wasn't a woman's job. It was an adults job. Any adult that lived in a house, whether it was alone, with a partner, with a family, had to clean and cook. Or how else would they eat? How else would their house be clean? How else would they live? Also, it taught her sons not to be dependent on a woman. Men could be dependent on a woman just like women could be dependent on a man.

He decided on simple chocolate chip and blueberry pancakes (since it was one of Taniya's favorite fruits), eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and a fruit bowl. He was just about done with the eggs, so the only thing he had left was the fruit bowl. His mom always taught him to cook bacon and eggs last because they were best served hot, eggs more specifically.

...
8:15 am

"It's good, ma?" He asked, looking at Taniya as she devoured her food.

"Nigga I know you see me inhaling this shit, yea it's good!" She laughed.

"Ok, good. This is just my way of thanking you for cooking dinner." He smiled, taking a sip of his white grape juice.

"No worries, I love cooking, it's my love language forreal." She joked.

They sat in a comfortable silence as 'Video Phone' by Beyoncé ft. Lady Gaga played quietly in the background.

Luckily, Taniya finished her food right in time for the dance break, "TURN IT UP!!" She rushed Skilla and he did, with a small laugh, watching her do the dance break, singing the lyrics.

"Tell 'em Bey.." Skilla sung along with Lady Gaga, hyping Taniya up.

Once the dance break was over she sung Beyoncé's verse, "You know them G's, they be hollin', 'specially them hot ones. Brooklyn, Atlanta, Houston, to New Orleans. When they see me they be like 'Yo T lemme call you', you breaking my focus boy you cute and you ballin'." She winked, pointing at Skilla.