Chapter 34

At night:
Inside Jungkook's bedroom:

Notification

SUPER MONSTER CHEF with a 3-member team is now open for applications! 

Email your applications to us from 10:AM to 10:PM.
So, grab your caps and get ready for the ultimate cooking reality show!!
Registrations are open till- 30 November to 15 December.

"Jungkook, get yourself together, don't be so hyped up just because a person complimented you." Jungkook was talking to himself while looking at the registration notification that he just send to his besties.

*buzz* His phone buzzed. He looked at the notification box as quickly sat up straight like he was not just now laying on his bed upside down and called the person who had messaged him.

The message was from Dr. Taehyung. It read-

Dr. Taehyung:
Are you asleep yet, Chef?
I'm back home.
I just wanted to say that I'm still  pondering over the dish I'd like to learn this Saturday. 

"What's up, Doc?" Jungkook said calming himself down a bit. "I still can't decide what I want to learn yet." Taehyung voice rang from the other side.

"Yeah, I was actually going to ask you about our cooking session this week. Shall I come over to your place like we did before?" Jungkook asked. "Eh.....I'm not sure if that woman will be at home or not." Taehyung said, a frown plastered on his face.

"After my mother passed away, My so-called father had a new partner whom you met that day." He continued. "Ah~ I see. You don't really like having her around, do you?" Jungkook asked in an understanding manner.

"Remember I told you that I don't like physical contact?" Taehyung asked, a little pout forming on his lips and Jungkook hummed, recalling the incident.

"Part of that was because of her." Taehyung said with a pout. "What do you mean?" Jungkook asked, chuckling as he heard Taehyung's tone going a little whiny. 

"I j-just feel like she is a bit invasive. Welp- not a bit, she's more than that" Taehyung said with an eye roll after remembering her.

"But she's your father's partner, right?" Jungkook asked. "I m-might be overthinking things. I'll let you know again where we should cook." Taehyung said as he realized what he was doing, feeling kinda embarrassed.

Jungkook thought for some seconds when an idea popped in his coconut brain as he said, "Doc, I think we can cook at your place as usual. I'll figure out a way to help you." and smiled at his already sorted plan.

Next morning:
At Taehyung's home:

"Here, go ahead and wash them." Jungkook told Taehyung after placing the freshly bought veggies from the market. "Alright" Taehyung said and picked them up, later starting to wash them.

They both were at Taehyung's house. Even today Taehyung insisted to go with Jungkook to the market but remembering the past experience, Jungkook refused and politely told him (not to hurt his feelings) that he'll come directly from the market to his house.