Chapter Two

-two weeks later-

This past week, things have already started to take a turn to the worst. I can feel myself being pulled away from Team Natsu, as if the original connection isn't there. In Natsu's words, I'm not feeling so 'Fired up' about the whole week. The week before, however, was amazing. Everyone was having so much fun now that Lisanna was back, that the party lasted the entire week itself. But after the shock of having her back had worn off a bit, that's when things started to get messy.

I love that everyone in the guild is happy that Lisanna is back; I'm happy she's back too. But Team Natsu has been going on jobs without me, and I've noticed Lisanna sneaking out around ten minutes after they leave. I'm suspicious that she is going on jobs with them, and they are going without me. I wouldn't mind if she came with us, or if they went without me, I just wish that they would tell me.

It is a lazy Saturday afternoon, and I'm sitting at one of the tables with Laki and Levy talking about having a little get-together with the girls of the guild in the girls dorm. Team Natsu as well as Lisanna are sitting at another table on the other side of the guild. When I am about to get up and get another strawberry milkshake, I hear someone calling out my name.

"Hey, Luce! Can you come here for a sec, I have somethin' to say," says a waving Natsu. My face pales. Whenever I'm called over by Natsu, I feel like I know my fate. Walking over slowly, I stand in front of him and raise a brow, trying to seem calm.

"Yes Natsu? What's up?" I ask as cheerfully as I can muster. For all I know this could be about me going on a job with them, just like old times. Natsu shifts as if he's uncomfortable, and then turns to face me directly with a blank look on his face.

"Lucy, I'm kicking you off of team Natsu. Now that Lisanna is back, it just wouldn't feel right not having her by my side. I'm sorry, Lucy," says an emotionless Natsu. My eyes widen as I realize that the premonition has finally dawned upon me. I take a breath, I have rehearsed what I would say for the past two weeks, so why is it so hard to say?

"I figured as much. I've seen you guys sneaking out onto jobs without me, I guess I kind of knew it was coming," I say with a soft smile. Natsus face softens as he looks at me, as if he senses I had been practicing that sentence over and over in my mind. His mouth slightly agape, I turn to look around the guild to see everyone staring at me, waiting for me to break down. Sorry, no can do. I know you all think that I'm weak, but I won't let you see me vulnerable.

I step away from Natsu and walk out the door, raising my hand high as a goodbye. I walk endlessly until I come across a park. I sit in a secluded area, and allow myself to cry. After around half an hour I get up and walk to my apartment. Once I get there, I pull out the key and unlock the door. What awaits me is an unwelcomed surprise. My apartment is in shambles, everything is broken and torn. The only thing unscathed is the table in the middle of the room. Taking shaky steps towards the table I see that there's a note. Taking the note I begin to read.

Lucy Heartfilia,

You have something that we want.

Consider this a warning. If you try to tell anyone of this, we promise that we will not hesitate to hurt Fairy Tail.

If you do not give us what we want in a matter of time, we will hurt your friends.

This is only the beginning, Lucy Heartfilia.

'Warmest' Regards,

Thorn Slash

Collapsing to the floor, I begin to cry all over again. The premonition was wrong. I wasn't leaving for the reason it said. I'm leaving for something entirely different. Thorn Slash, the most feared dark guild in the underworld, far worse than the guilds in the Balam Alliance, wants me. Why? What do I have that is so precious that a dark guild would terrorize me for it?