09

Nick was sitting at one of the picnic tables with Jeff, Winston and Ben. She had been in the Glade for over a week now and had gotten close to all the boys to certain points. 

Unfortunately for her that meant they were very comfortable talking about things she did not want to hear about, in front of her. Sometimes she wondered if they did it on purpose just to annoy her. 

Currently they were eating their breakfast of eggs and bacon whilst they listened to Ben complain. 

Ben groaned, “The walls are way too thin. I swear someone was jerking themselves off and all I could hear was their whimpers and moans.” 

Nick choked on her food as her eyes widened so much that she felt like they were going to pop out her head. 

“Ben! I don't want to know that!” She looked at him disgusted. 

“Come on Nicky. You can tell us if it was you.” Winston nudged her with a smirk, “We won't judge.” 

Nicky- a name that some of the boys had started to call her when they were teasing. 

“Slim it Winston.” Nick glared at him, the realisation of what she said only settling in once the boys all had stupid matching grins on their faces. 

“Nicky said it!” Ben laughs. 

The three boys cheer as she rolls her eyes stifling a laugh. 

“S’all downhill from here, Nicky!” Jeff Laughed.

He stood up running around their table with his arms spread wide.

 “Oi Jeff! You had some of Gally’s Moonshine or somethin’?” Minho calls out as Alby and Newt snigger at Jeff who was still making a loon out of himself. 

“Nope! Just having the satisfaction of knowing that she used Glader slang!” Jeff calls twirling around in circles as they all laugh at him. 

Nick jumps up, “No I didn't!” She points to the asian and the blonde who are giving her smirks. “I didn't say it.”

“No point lying now Nicky!” Jeff lays down over their seats out of breath. 

Nick felt two arms wrap around her shoulders as the two boys smirked at her.

“Now look at what you've done.” She gave Jeff a playful glare before looking at the two boys, “What ever could I do for you?” 

“She-bean we just want to know what you said.” 

“And I should tell you why?” Nick moved away so she was facing them. 

She crossed her arms over her chest bending her leg slightly so she was slanted and raised her eyebrow at them with a small smile on her face. 

“Thought we were bestfriends, love?” 

“Ooo he got you there.” Ben whispered to her but loud enough for the others to hear. 

“Slim it Slinthead.” Nick snapped at him before smacking her hand over her mouth. 

Newt and Minho looked at each other with matching smirks making Nick shake her head pointing at them. 

“No. Don't even think about it.” 

They ignored her and ran straight at her causing her to run away from them. 

“You can't escape us!” Minho shouted as they neared her. 

“You're officially family now, love!” 

Nick saw Alby up ahead, he must have walked off after his chat with Minho and Newt, she quickly ran towards him. 

“Oh hey Nick.” Alby looked at her confused when she hid behind him.