Chapter 70

November 7, 2032

"Aren't you a little harsh on him?" Kean asks with a smile on his face.

Tsk! I'm not harsh on him. I'm trying to be savage!

Besides, if I was, then that just serves him right for cheating on me.

"I didn't know telling the truth is considered harsh these days," I answered, rolling my eyes out of thin air.

"Do you already know that those flowers were from him?" he asked, curiously.

Yeah, and until now I don't understand what is that for. Is he still hoping that I'll get back to him just because he's sending me flowers?

And what the fuck was his reason again? He's hoping I can find my way back to him? Ridiculous.

I don't think those sunflowers will help you, asshole.

"Yeah, apparently, he's been sending me one every day for the past six years, and I just knew about it when I stayed for a week in Laguna, and now he's sending it over to my condo. How the fuck did he even know where I live now?" I said, shaking my head while also frowning out of frustration.

"Cal mentioned that you also live in the same place as him and Leo," he casually said.

What? Why did he have to tell him?

"Cal and his mouth," I said, shaking my head.

"What did you feel when you knew about the flowers?" he asked, glancing at me.

Why is he asking so many questions? Is he a spy? Is he going to tell him?

"Is this an interview? I think you're asking too many questions, Briones," I said, and he chuckled.

"Well, just... come to think of it, Eli. He must've spent a million already in sending you flowers for nearly seven years," he said, trying to make some sense.

"So? No one told him to do that," I said, rolling my eyes again.

"Yeah, and yet he's still doing it," he said while giving me a certain look.

"I don't know, okay? I don't know why he keeps on doing it, but all I know is that he needs to stop. What will Zerena say if she knows about it?" I said, shaking my head.

"Zerena? I don't think she has a say in this," he said, frowning.

"If I were his fiancee then I think I would like to have a say," I said, raising an eyebrow at him.

"But she's not his fiancee," he said, and I was so surprised that I stopped walking for a moment.

"Then I'm sure she's his girlfriend," I said, trying to knock some sense into this conversation.

"No, she's not his girlfriend either," he said with a hint of a smile on his lips.

"What do you mean? They were engaged by their families," I said, creasing my forehead.

"Technically, they were, but... do you think Russelle would feel obligated to marry someone just because his family wants him to do it?" he asked, and I frowned.

Tsk! Then what are they? What's with the let's go home last time? Is he trying to make me jealous?

What the fuck are they? Are they just friends? Are they fuck buddies? What?!

"What I'm saying is, Russelle didn't agree to it, and that is the reason why his family cut him off in the first place," he answered.

It's true, then. Did they really cut him off because of that? It must be his father's doing. I don't think Auntie Rona would do that.