Chapter 66

December 8, 2025

"I need your help... Zandro," I said.

"Are you okay?" he asks on the other line.

I wiped my tears away, and I tried to maintain my composure before I answer him, "Yeah, but I really need your help."

"Okay, with what?" he asked.

"Can you... bring me along with you in Madrid?" I ask, feeling so anxious about what he was going to say.

He didn't spoke for a moment, so I ask again, "Hey, are you still there?"

"What? Are you serious?" he asks in disbelief.

"Yeah, I'm serious," I replied.

"Is this because of the engagement?" he said.

"No, of course not. I just... wanted this for myself," I said, slowly feeling determined.

"Okay... how can I help you then?" he asked.

"I need your help in everything. I just wanted to leave," I said, biting my lower lip.

"Do you have a passport?" he asks.

"Yeah," I answered.

"Okay, where are you? I'll pick you up," he said.

"No need. I can go to where you are right now," I answered.

"I'm here in my condo. I can send you the address. We need to talk first," he said.

"Okay, I'll go there now," I answered, and I hung up the call.

I took a cab once again, and I went to the address he sent to me.

When I got there, I knocked twice on his door, and he opened it.

"Come on in," he said.

"Thank you," I replied.

"You can sit there," he said, pointing to his couch in the living room.

"Thanks again," I said.

"Let me just ask you this, okay? Are you sure about this?" he asks, frowning.

"Yes, I'm sure," I answered and then I looked at him determinedly.

"Look, if this is because of the engagement then I'm sure he would find a way to stop it," he said, trying to convince me.

I frowned at him because why did he change?

Besides, I don't want to tell him what happened. I mean, it doesn't matter anymore.

Nothing will change even if I tell him, right?

Can I tell him that Zeke cheated on me with his sister?

"Eli, I'm just making sure that you're not doing this out of spite because this is some serious shit, and I don't want to be in trouble," he started to say.

"When you get there, you might feel lonely, and you might think that you made a big mistake on coming there in the first place," he said.

I shake my head, and I determinedly look at him again before I firmly say, "I won't. You said it yourself, I'm not the type of person who'll waste such a big opportunity just because of a guy."

He sighed, and he looked like he was not convinced.

"You're just hurt because of the engagement, Eli," he said.

"I'm not," I firmly said.

"You are, at least, admit that to yourself," he said.

I took a deep breath, and I tried to calm myself, but I couldn't. I feel like I'm going to burst out again because of anger.