Chapter 18

Scarlett stayed by Annabel's side all night as they talked about what their plans for their anniversary turns out they had the same spot hit the beaches in Florida and spend a week in a hotel to relive their wedding day. Scarlett had never imagined that they would be wanting to go to the same spot which is Palm Beach, Florida just she had to schedule very soon plus make it work with her boss Jerry and Annabel's boss Sierra. Annabel is so anxious to get back to work soon after her release that it made her so excited to be able to contain herself.

Annabel kissed Scarlett on the forehead as they fell asleep next to each other. By late that evening Annabel had woken up feeling the urge to puke so she grabbed her ventilator rushing across the room reaching the toilet as she spewed everything out with Scarlett holding her hair. After about ten minutes Annabel laid on the floor feeling weak as Scarlett called a nurse to help get Annabel off the floor and back to bed within a hour they were running multiple scans and x-rays.

Through everything that evening luckily nothing bad appeared on anything it was just after effects for the medication and recovery of them finally working out of the system they told Annabel that she can clear out her system that way. Around ten in the evening they headed home as Annabel recovered very well from the side effects and almost nearly dying the day before.

Jana and Martha had build a great relationship within time after several weeks the kids quit groaning and complaining that she wasn't Momma Angel but they took it in stride since Martha took them to school on the way to opening her bakery most morning's. Martha helped tucked them into bed every night and helped with homework if needed to be.

Martha is very respectful on the guideline of no making love until they were together for at least six months at most. Jana had started back working at the bakery within a week because they really needed her to save the store which they did once word got around that she had returned from her three and a half year trip. Jonathan and Avery would walk from the school to the bakery to get some cookies then work on homework their with a few friends most days.

Jana had always thought of Angel when it came to making a wedding cake especially in rainbow color. Martha would come up behind her and kiss her cheek saying,

"I know you still think about her, she was one and a million but don't you still have her number? Why don't you text her to see how she is doing since you came back to Kansas? I am sure she misses her best friend if anything."

Jana kissed Martha back on the cheek replying,

"I will text her to feel better about myself if anything. I do miss her as a best friend."

Martha shooed her off to the back where she could have privacy since the kids were well behaved at this point. Jana reached the break room to see no one was in there then looked for Annabel's number as she found it she texted a quick message saying,

"Hey Annabel, it is Jana, I am texting to check on you, I am very sorry about breaking your heart but you aren't Angel and obviously Scarlett is your wife now and forever so it looks like what we had never existed. Us making love was a big mistake, I am in Kansas with our kids living my life with Martha since she is planning to divorce her husband. I hope life is treating you well. Your best friend, Jana!"

Jana never heard back from Annabel even when she called a few times during that week it seemed the number had either blocked her or Annabel just wasn't near her phone. So Jana just gave up for now to wait until Annabel contacted her in time.

Martha told Jana over and over never to give Annabel could have possibly been sick or something it is known to happen for sure. Jana finally received a message after a month as it read,

"Jana, I am so sorry for not replying turned out Scarlett had drugged me with antidepressant pills to help me from my supposed anxiety,stress and depression that I didn't have. I am glad you still kept me as a best friend. I wish you would have stayed in Massachusetts so we could see how far our relationship would have went but you are right I'm not Angel and probably never will be again. I do love my wife Scarlett even for what she puts me through it is just the way I am now. As long as Jonathan and Avery are happy just tell them that somewhere in my heart I'm still Momma Angel even though I am Annabel, I will miss you all and hope to see you all again in the future including Martha. Your best friend forever, Annabel Thomas!"