xxxii. 𝒃𝒐𝒏 𝒗𝒐𝒚𝒂𝒈𝒆

//chapter thirty-two• bon voyage

bon voyage

SNEAKING INTO TANNYHILL? Scariest shit Andrew's ever done. Especially when there's Limbrey's men running in and out, not to mention Rafe is stalking around like a wolf searching for it's prey. There's a large truck outside the back door, and more men in the courtyard. Andrew and JJ had to sneak through the neighbor's backyard to get to the garage where the cars were. 

"Where are the keys?" JJ asked. 

Good question. 

Luckily Andrew kept the spare key in the garage. He picked it out from inside the boots he used to use to go fishing, and they hauled ass into the Jeep before Rafe could catch them. 

And then, they were off to the chateau. It doesn't take long to get there, the Jeep comes up to the driveway, and Andrew parks on the side of the road.

"This'll only take a sec," JJ tells tells. "I think it's over in the surf shack. Yeah, it's in the surf shack. I'll be right back."

"Okay, less talk, more hurrying." 

JJ surprisingly listens to the brunet, opening the door, rushing out. Falling face flat. "I'm okay!"

Andrew pinches the bridge of his nose, chuckling to himself while alone in the car. He rests his head back, waiting for JJ to get the winch and be done with it. Considering JJ isn't the most organized person ever, it could take a minute, or two.

Not five

Andrew stares at the clock, and back at the surf shack, where he can see his blonde hair, but that's all. He honks, once. They don't have the time, and five minutes is a whole lot of time to lose.

He gets out of the car, honking some more. "J, we don't have all day!"

There's some rustling, and Andrew figures he must have found the winch, so they can get this over with, get Pope his inheritance, forget about this gold hunt, finally settle and have a normal year and-

JJ pushes Luke Maybank forward. 

Andrew's scowl drops into a glare, and he stands, rigid as a board. This man was supposed to be in jail for possession and use of drugs.

Now, he was walking towards Andrew, and the former-Kook pushes himself off the side of his Jeep, "No. Get rid of him, immediately." Andrew demands. 

Luke uses the distraction to climb inside the backseat of Andrew's Jeep, JJ throws the winch in after him. 

"JJ, what the fuck?"

"Just get in the truck, Drew." Uh?

Andrew barks out a laugh of disbelief, immediately reaching for the door handle, ready to drag Luke out himself if he has to. JJ grabs his hand and pushes it away, making him scowl.