xxxiii. 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧?

//chapter thirty-three• again?

• again?

EXPERIENCING JJ'S COUSIN'S lack of skill and ability as an EMT was supremely distressing for Andrew. Still, to Ricky's credit, he saved Pope Heyward's life, though, he also nearly ended it. To say it had been a stressful day would be the understatement of the century. 

And the day wasn't over yet. 

Andrew was debating stopping the Jeep and shoving Pope out of the driver's seat.

Listen, he was very worried when Pope went into anaphylactic shock, but the adrenaline in his blood right now is driving him insane.

Case in point; he keeps whooping like a coyote.

"Dude, you're driving my car really fast." Andrew says, nervous in the passenger seat.  

"Pope, last to judge and all, but I think you should slow down a little," JJ calls from the backseat, seeing Andrew be nervous. Andrew was never nervous.

Andrew was pretty sure Pope pressed harder on the gas. "That would definitely delay our arrival to the Cross. We gotta get there." 

"Why did you let him drive, again?" Kie asked Andrew.

Night has fallen, and it's a pretty passing street, which makes Pope's howling all the more distracting. 

"Because I said I'd rip your ears off."

"Because he said he'd rip our ears off," Sarah agrees, sitting on John B's lap.

"I was joking about that, by the way."

"That's a really funny joke," Andrew blurts out, uneasy.

"Hey, how ya feeling, buddy?" John B asks. "How ya doing?"

 "Uh, fantastic." Yeah, seems like it. "I don't know what JJ's cousin gave me, but I am movin'!"

To prove his point, he throws his hands up in the air. "That's the issue I have right now- would you just settle down?" Andrew demanded, eyeing the road.

The car diverts to the right for a split second, and JJ starts nervously pulling at his seatbelt.

"I don't if you noticed, but there's these giant oak trees all along the road!" John B cries out. "They're like six inches off the road!"

Andrew's eye twitches. "There's a car coming up-"

Pope doesn't care, he starts gesturing at the car in front of them. Instead, he starts to pass the car. 

"You don't need to pass. Pope, Pope, Pope! You don't need to pass!"  

They barely swerve back onto the road in time to not collide with a car coming from the other direction. Andrew's pretty sure he's not breathing anymore.