ˋ°•*⁀➷𝟮𝟵 (𝗯𝗼𝗻𝘂𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭)

"sunghoon, have you seen my shoes around?" heeseung yells so his roommate can hear. he's been looking for them for the past hour now, and he can't seem to find them anywhere. "i can't find them and i really need them for tomorrow!"

"no, not since this morning," sunghoon calls back, the sound of dishes falling making heeseung jump. "you sure you didn't leave them at the gym? you used to do that a lot"

heeseung scoffs, pulling his head from under his bed. "why would i leave my shoes at the gym, you dingbat? i always bring them back!" he paws through the mess on the floor of his bedroom, his frustration mounting. "and i didn't even take them with me this time!"

he hears sunghoon snort, and he rolls his eyes.

"where the hell are my shoes?" he mutters to himself after checking the closet and doesn't find them there, either. he sighs, pushing off of the floor and deciding to check the living room. maybe he left them there while watching TV. he closes his bedroom door behind him as he leaves.

heeseung's eyes scan the room as he enters, spotting a sneaker peeking out from under the couch. "ah, there you are," he says, reaching for it. "sunghoon, did you seriously not see my sneaker under the couch?"

sunghoon sticks his head out of the kitchen, wiping his hands on a towel. "what? i told you, i didn't see them anywhere!"

heeseung grabs the shoe and frowns at the dirt caked on the sole. "you really need to clean up in here," he says, tossing the sneaker in the direction of the shoe rack. he looks around the room again, his gaze lingering on the mess that seems to have accumulated in the few hours since he left for the gym. "what have you been doing all day?"

sunghoon emerges from the kitchen, a guilty expression on his face. "jungwon and jay were here with jungwoo and he begged me to play tag with him. we might have gotten a bit...carried away," he admits, gesturing at the scattered papers and toys around the room.

heeseung rolls his eyes. "great, so now the place is a mess because of your childish games," he says, bending down to pick up the remote. "what's with the dishes?"

"oh, that was an accident," sunghoon says sheepishly. "we were playing hide and seek after tag and i accidentally knocked over the dish rack. they're fine, though. nothing broke."

heeseung hums, his eyes scanning the floor for his other shoe. he grins when he finds it hidden behind one of sunghoon's abnormally large flower pots. he chucks it towards the shoe rack along with the other one. "well, i'm going to grab a shower. i'll deal with this mess after," he says, walking towards the bathroom.

"hey, did you know jake is back in korea?" sunghoon asks suddenly, trying to change the subject as he watches heeseung's back disappear into the bathroom.

heeseung freezes his hand hovering above the doorknob. he feels his heartbeat pick up in his chest "jake? as in, model jake?" he steps back out of the bathroom, his brows furrowed

"if you mean your boyfriend, then yes," sunghoon confirms with a knowing smile, "the one and only," he says with jazz hands.

"he's not my boyfriend anymore, remember?" heeseung murmurs. it's been five years since he and jake had broken up, and heeseung honestly hadn't thought about him for the past two. thanks to sunghoon for reminding him all over again.

"oh, come on," sunghon says, his voice dripping with skepticism. "you guys were inseparable before he left for that photoshoot in milan. what even happened? you never told me."

heeseung sighs, his hand dropping to his side. "we fought over it. his offer from milan. i didn't want him to go, he wanted me to come with him," he shrugs "jake got angry, said i was trying to stifle his dreams. we didn't speak for weeks after that. then he broke up with me and left the morning after."