S1 EP7 - ELECTRIC FEEL

I wake up and open my eyes. I know where I am and I remember what happened. Every little detail.

I turn and see David on my sister's bed. His hair messy and his skin pale. He looks so innocent when he's asleep.

I check my phone and see it dead. I must've forgotten to plug it before I slept. Yeah, as if I'd remember anything after what David did to me. And what we did to each other.

I get up and rummage for a new pair of boxers from the hamper. I put them on and tiptoe out of the room. I head to the terrace and light a cigeratte.

A million thoughts race in my mind. What happens now? What happens to me and David? What happens to the group? Is this a one time thing? What happens if it keeps going? A mental argument was forming on whether I should tell my bestfriend or not.

Waking up after a hot night is not exactly new to me. I've done this before and I've learned how to act the next morning. I make some excuse so I could leave or get them out the door. It was easy because I didn't care. This one is different. This time, I cared.

"You left me again" David appears at the door. He's got nothing on except my boxers from last night.

I look at him and my eyes stay on his face. I didn't know what to say or do.

He breaks my gaze as he reaches for the pack beside me. He lights one and sips.

"You can't keep leaving me alone in your room Ads" He says.

He looks at me and I feel the tension break. We both laugh. I feel the muscles on my body relax and I flop into the chair.

"We don't have to talk about it" He says as he looks at me.
"It happened. I liked it. I think you liked it too...judging on these scratches on my arm" He proceeds to show me.

"I'm sorry" I say as I take a look. It wasn't deep but deep enough to make a mark. I touch it and he flinches.

He shrugs it off and stares into the street infront of us.

"Can I borrow a shirt before we go?" He asks.

I nod and light another stick.

"Oh they're here....We're complete" Jomo calls to the group as he sees me and David get out of the cab.

He runs and gives us both a hug and ushers us inside. Joseph greets us as we go in.

"Okay. We're all accounted for. Everyone's home and safe. Thank God"

"Why? What happened?" I ask.

"You all went missing!!!" Joseph exclaims.
"I kept calling everyone and no one was answering!" He follows.

"Why didn't you come to the afterparty?" Gab asks me.

"I died. Literally. I passed out. David had to help me get home" I reply.

"It was a mess of night actually" Jomo says.
"But it was one of our best nights yet" He adds.

We all agree and catch up. Jomo fills me in on Jacob and I catch up with the girls about their boys.

"You shouldn't get too drunk next time babe" Gab warns me.
"You need to save some of yourself so you could give it to someone else for the night" she adds.

I did give it to someone.

"Yeah, you shouldn't be drunk in your bed alone"

I wasn't alone.

David looks up at me from across the table and I feel my muscles tense. I feel like an invisible spotlight is suddenly on me. I suddenly felt warm.

"Yeah Ads, maybe next time Jacob could take you home" David gazes at me.

I laugh and delay giving a reply. A moment passes and Joseph calls us to eat. I say a silent thank you for the distraction.

We move to the dining room and take our seats. Jomo beside me and David across from me.

Laid across the table was Asian breakfast food. Porridge, hotdogs, cured meats, fried rice and scrambled eggs.

Jomo slides some hotdogs on my plate and adds some rice and eggs.

There was silence as we ate. Everyone was obviously hungry.

"David, who took you home?" Claud asks her brother.

David points at me with his mouth.

"I slept over at Addie's. Gate was locked here" he replies in the between chews.

"So you braved the freezer huh" Jomo asks David.

"Yeah, apparently being drunk makes you immune to cold" David answers.

"I thought you were literally dying?" Claud innocently asks me.

Shit.

"The driver. He got David out of the cab and we helped each other to my room" I say, trying not to falter.

"Oh that's must've been so funny to see, did you guys take videos?" Claud laughs.

I feel Jomo's eyes on me and knew questions were forming in his head so I didn't dare look back. Thankfully, David spills juice on the table so we all got up to help.

It was 2 in the afternoon when we finished doing dishes and cleaning up. They all decided to bring pillows and sheets into the living room so we could all nap together. I pick my spot beside Jomo and close my eyes. Flashbacks come to me. I remember how David's bare skin felt on mine. The way he took his time with me. The way his face softened the first time he.... I open my eyes and shake the flashbacks away. I look over at David and see him sound asleep on the couch. I close my eyes and forced myself to sleep.

I wake up and see everyone around me still asleep. I get and up and feel parched so I head to the kitchen for some water. I grab a glass and fill it. I drink and drink some more. I put the glass down and notice Joseph's new koi pond beside the new wing. I go and check it out. It looked like a real pond. I sit down on the edge and observe the koi, admiring their colors and scales.

"Do you wanna feed them?" David calls as he walks towards the pond.

"Can I?" I ask.

He hands me a can he was carrying and tells me to just season the water.

"Season how?" I ask stupidly.

"Like how you do when you season" He replies.

"Like what?" I raise my voice in confusion.

"Just season it like when you cook" David exclaims loudly.

"He doesn't know how to cook" Jomo shouts from the living room. I laugh and turn around. Everybody was up and heading to their rooms. I hear Jomo's Beloved Booze playlist being connected to a speaker. Electric Feel by MGMT plays.

I shake the bottle on top of the koi and feeds fall down. The koi zoom around trying to catch whatever was dropping from the can. Some kept bumping into each other.

"Oh shit. Are they gonna be alright?" I ask David.

"All along the western front, people line up to receive..." the song plays.

"Yeah of course" he replies.

He smiles and lowers his voice so only I can hear him.

"Are we?"

"Standing there with nothing on, She gonna teach me how to swim"

I look at him. I look at his at brown eyes. His pale face and his soft lips.

"Yeah. I think so"