1. Overprotected

A/N: Hi everyone! So I recently watched SPRING BREAKERS and I was very upset at the wasted potential for what could have been a great story and relationship. So, here I give to you what I would have liked to see! As an ode to the movie's random affection for Britney Spears, I've decided to (try to) title every chapter after a Britney Spears song!
Also I've decided to start the story from the scene where Alien is talking to Faith about her wanting to leave and go home, everything before then is still the same, but everything after is going to be slightly altered if not completely different. Enjoy!

👽🌸👽🌸👽

Faith trembled, her face turning away as tears burned in her eyes, her nose threatening to run as she sniffed for the thousandth time. She hated this. She hated the situation her and the girls had somehow gotten in. They came here to have fun, to find themselves and get a little taste of the rest of the world.

And they'd done that. They'd had fun and partied and for the first time in her mediocre life, Faith had actually gotten a small inkling as to who she is. She'd wanted it to last forever. Just her, and the girls in a never ending world where the sun never set and the music never stopped and they all could just be happy. But all that had ended the second they'd gotten arrested.

Now they were here with some guy who called himself "Alien", surrounded by people they'd never met in a place she would never choose to go to. She was scared. That was the bottom line of it. She was scared and she was nervous and every single thing that she had ever been taught in her entire life was screaming that Alien and everything that came with him were bad news. She felt like she was slowly detaching from reality, the longer she was in his presence and surrounded by these people, she felt more and more like she was in some alternate universe, like a completely different planet.

She sniffed again, a soft scent of cologne invading her nose as she looked up at the strange man, he certainly was a sight to see. He had kind eyes, the kind that tend to crinkle in the corners with every smile. He was a few inches taller than herself, with a smile she supposed would be earth shatteringly charming if it weren't for the obnoxious metal grill encasing his teeth. His hair was done in tight braids, falling in thin strands down to his chest.

As much as she didn't trust him, she couldn't help but be at least a little attracted to him. He was relatively kind, and polite and from the time that they'd talked in the park she could see that he'd made a point to be gentle with her. More than a few times today she'd caught him peeking at her through the corner of his eye, always very conscious of where she was and who she was with. She was ashamed to say, the action comforted her just as much as it made her un-comfortable.

But in the end she supposed it was a good thing. After all it was because he'd been watching her that he'd noticed there was something wrong, a look of concern weighing down his careless features as he'd abandoned whoever he'd been talking to and made his way to her side, not offering any words as he took her away.

And now they were here, just he and her, his expression worried as he crossed his arms staring at her intently.

"You alright?" he questioned, his eyes more clear and focused than they'd been all day.

"What's wrong?" he asked, his voice coaxing yet demanding, the contradictory of those things causing her to look away.

"I just wanna go home." she told him, trying to keep her voice level as she looked up at him unhappily.

He frowned, "Why?" he asked, his eyebrows creasing together, "You upset?"

"I don't like it here." she told him, her eyes shifting to the other people standing in the room as she tried to keep her volume down.