The History of The Paw Family The BirthMark

Far in the depths of hell lived a demon, named Azazel. Azazel was kinder than most, a being born from evil yet they had the kindest heart. Azazel eventually would fall in love with a succubus, who would give birth to Hazel. Hazel would live a happy life, taught both in evil and mischief, and kindness from Azazel. Hazel would use her kindness to try and stop fights and wars, but she was just considered insane, and she was banished from hell. She didn’t know where to go, before someone welcomed her into purgatory.

After entering purgatory she was greeted by the angel of death, the grim reaper himself. Grim understood how she felt as he was an angel who was banished because he appreciated death, and all the souls who died, he used to stand inside of a graveyard cleaning the gravestones. People say he was banished because he interfered with human life. He was welcomed into purgatory and was given this job by the queen of purgatory Zhashagatheirium. Hazel was accepted by the queen and stayed in the same apartment building as Grim.

Grim and Hazel eventually got close, then falling in love and getting married a few years later. Grim and Hazel had a son named Fugin, and he was born with a yin yang birthmark on his head. This birthmark glowed in the dark only in purgatory. They asked the queen and she theorized that it's a symbol of the balance between the realms. As Fugin grew older, he went to earth, where he would find his love and make a child named Shin, who is Shadow's father.