CHAPTER 5

Chapter 5

Workmate.

"I apologize for interrupting. Should I wait outside until you're finished, Sir Kaye?" I asked. He looked up, his expression shifting.

"It's fine. We're done here," he replied seriously.Sabay silang tumayo sa sofa.

"Val will escort you out, Tito."

His uncle? Isn't he going to invite him for lunch?

"Sayang, kakauwi ko lang naman sana. I guess I'll get going now since you can't join me for lunch, and I can't cancel my reservation either." Ah...

"Val," he signaled.

Val nodded.

"Mama asked Tito if you could join us later for dinner?"

"Sure. See you at dinner then."

It would be rude to stare at a guest, so I kept my eyes on the floor, lowering my head slightly to show respect.

As he walked toward the door where I was standing, I caught a glimpse of his right arm, covered in tattoos, tucked in his pocket. I'm sure I've seen it somewhere-in the elevator. But that's impossible; he just mentioned that he only arrived.

I should just mind my own business.

I raised my head, and our eyes met. His left hand was rubbing his bearded chin. He had long hair styled in a mullet cut and was dressed in a suit. I gave him a small smile, and he smirked.

If I were Anna, I would definitely describe him as a bad boy type-but instead, he reeks of something more sinister. That's just my assumption, though.

When they finally left, I closed the door and picked up one of the dishes. The waiter followed, bringing the other two. I placed them on the table, unsure if I was allowed to join them.

"You're welcome to join us if you'd like, but if you prefer eating at your table, that's fine too." Sabi ni Kaye bago pa ako makapag tanong. That's a relief because I wasn't sure how to ask him.

"Since you don't mind, I'll be joining you, sir."

I went back to get the drinks while the waiter arranged the plates and utensils.

SFX: Vibrate

I pulled out my phone to check, just in case it was an emergency. It was my break.

Hans:

Good afternoon. Are you free later?