PROLOGUE

Prologue

Pinas.

The soothing aroma of post-rain freshness mingled with the familiar scent of morning enveloped my senses. Nasa patio ako ngayon, eyes tracing the never-ending greens in sight. Arms crossed, holding a warm mug of coffee in one hand.

Bukas na ang alis namin sa umaga. I remember back then...

~

I was sitting at the edge of the bed when a strong wind knocked the body mirror beside it. I stared at it, a shattered mirror showing a recollection of who I was, yet not a single piece of it could reflect who I am. I crushed the already shattered pieces, wetting my eyes with tears and screaming my lungs out, but it was never heard, never felt. It didn't make a sound.

I didn't make myself. They made me. A mere creation of two people and the slave of their expectations.

A loud pounding hit my door, breaking it. Beck and Orlo rushed towards me. I was heard, just not by the people I screamed my lungs out for.

~

This place helped me rebuild myself again. It got me thinking, I was never whole to begin with, so how could I claim that this place helped me rebuild myself? What is there to rebuild?

Years have passed, and I've come to treasure this place and the people I've met.

This is my home.

Hindi ko na maalala kung ilang taon na ang nakalipas. Six years? Seven years? I'm not sure.

Kamusta ka na kaya? Memories flushed, causing a subtle pain in my chest. Years have passed, but I still carry the weight of my decision and blame myself for what happened.

A lone tear escaped from my eye.

Firm arms embraced me from behind as I wiped my tears away.

"What are you thinking?" he said.

I placed my hand above his, where it lay on my stomach.

"Nothing," I responded.

"Hmm... you're thinking about him again. We will find him soon, don't worry," he said while peering at my face.

Cold lips touched my forehead. I smiled.

"Good morning!" It was Beck with two steaming coffees in his hands.

"Here's for you." He gave Orlo the other one.

"Thank you," Orlo replied.

"Mommy!" sigaw ni CL habang tumatakbo palapit sakin. May ginawa naman to dahil kasunod nya ang nakasimangot na is a.