Kong

I held onto Lam as he cried in my arms.
I sat him down on the bed as he held onto me. I just sat next to him, cradling his head under my forehead securely.

We sat like that for a bit until we heard knocks again on the door. Lam pulled away from me, looking at me, stunned over whom it could be. He wiped his tears and went to open the door only to be slapped again by someone! I saw him fly slightly from the impact and landed onto the floor!

What the fuck! I stood up, marching over thinking it was his dad until I realized it was a woman instead. She saw me and narrowed her eyes at me.

"Who are you?" I just ignored her as I went to help Lam up.

"I asked, who are you!" Her voice was getting louder but I tuned her out and looked at Lam.

"You wanna tell me who she is?"

Lam looked at me before muttering it was his mom. I sighed inwardly. But I wasn't going to let it happen again.

I looked at her. "I asked who the fuck are you?!" shouting at me this time. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I'm his boyfriend. Got a fucking problem with it?"

"What? Boyfriend? He isn't gay."

"And you will know why? It's not like you have been taking care of him. And who the heck do you think you are to be laying your hand on him? First, it was his dad, now you. I don't care if you two don't want to look after him. He's independent enough, but try hitting him one more time, especially in front of me, and see what happens. I wouldn't stand for it."

She opened her mouth to say something, and I told her, "If I were you, I wouldn't bother. I can not be bothered about what you have to say."

"You have no right speaking to me like that. I'm his mother. That's my son you are dating."

"When did he become your son? Before or after knowing about the will? Did he just become another money-making opportunity for you?"

"P... please. Don't.."

I turned to look at Lam. "You are coming home with me. I'm not letting you stay here for another minute."

"P.."

"Don't argue with me, Lam. Please."

Lam just looked at me and finally nodded his head. His mother looked at us both, stunned.

"You don't really think my son will listen to you right?"

"Watch me" I snapped at her. Lam grabbed his wallet and bike keys and I grabbed his hand, bringing him away, hearing her shout after me.

The ride back to my house was very tense and quiet. I opened my door as quietly as I could but my dad still woke up, absolutely shocked to see us. He didn't say anything though seeing the look on my face. He knew I was angry about something. He looked at Lam who wasn't looking any better either. Lam's right cheek was swollen thanks to being hit by his parents.

I filled my dad in as he sponged Lam's face slowly. Lam knew I was very angry and didn't say anything. My dad kept looking between us.

"So what else happened?"

"I already told you."

"You aren't telling me something."

I looked at my dad. I didn't say it. I hadn't told him that I had introduced myself as Lam's boyfriend and then brought him away.

"His mom let him go with his senior quietly?"

"I wasn't some pushover ok! She was stunned by me."

"True. But you are after all his senior only. She let you go and wait, Lam actually listened to you?"

I kept quiet, knowing my dad had a point. He cocked his head, looking at us.

"You introduced yourself as his boyfriend, didn't you? And you must have been hopping mad she hit him. Little wonder she let you go quietly. Not wanting to earn the wrath of her son's boyfriend I am guessing."

"I..I got tired of seeing them push him around and he didn't say anyhting either. So I took a stand."

My dad didn't say anything, just smiling at us.

"I deserve everything they are doing to me. My grandma did die because of me.. I have never.. "

Before Lam could continue, I smacked him hard! He looked at me shocked! My dad was equally stunned too!

"Kong! What do you think you are doing?! Say sorry to him now! How can you be like them, hitting him?!"

"I hit him because he is blaming himself for something that isn't within his control. Should I blame myself because mom died of cancer?!"

My dad shook his head.

"Then why is he doing it to himself?" I whispered almost in tears as I left them and went to my room, locking myself in.

I just about had it today.