Filler Chapter & Conclusion

Life wouldn't always be a bed of roses, there will be ups and downs.

Lam and Kong were not the perfect couple, but the one thing they had in common was that they always wanted to work things out, which made everything bearable.

Even when Lam's parents fought with him over the inheritance and tried to bring to court, Kong was there.

When Kong's dad had a health scare and he crumbled, Lam was there to hold his hand, rock steady.

They would fight over petty stuff like P Nut's friend who still hit on Kong from time to time or over Park, who needed Lam by his side when he was going through a bad break up.

But both boys were in it for the long run, and they always made it work, no matter what.

Lam was the ice Prince and Kong the ever sociable extrovert, but for some reason, these two saw past all of their differences and only bonded over their similarities.

.........................................................................

Both boys headed home to see Kong's father as usual for the weekend, but surprisingly, this time, Uncle had a visitor in his house. This really pretty lady stood up to introduce herself as Ms Kitty, their new neighbour from next door.

Uncle asked both boys to entertain her while he fixed drinks for us. Lam just greeted her politely, but Kong was quiet.
Lam flicked Kong snidely, who just eventually muttered out a hello.

"You don't have to worry. I have no plans of taking your dad away from you. It's true I do like him, but it's obvious he only cares about you and Lam and no one else. I know I will never be able to win his heart, so don't worry that I will steal him away." She uttered softly. Lam was quite surprised by this relevation, but Kong wasn't oddly, sawthough.

Lam dragged Kong to the balcony when Uncle came back, under the pretext of wanting a smoke break.

"Lam's POV

"What's going on, P? Do you know that lady?"

"She's my dad's neighbour now but was my dad's old high school mate. She has always liked Pa for the longest period."

"Okays.. and you don't like her?"

"She's nice as a person. I just.. cannot..I think.. I'm just.."

"Not wanting to share Uncle? Worried he will be not taken care of?"

P Kong nodded. I sighed as I held onto his hands.

"Just look at the two of them and see how gaily they chat. I'm not saying Uncle is bored or wants someone, but don't you think it will be nice for him to have someone to talk to when he wants to? Without having to only speak to them as a neighbour?"

Kong looked over at them and just sighed.

"I'm not asking you to get them married, Kong. Just maybe let them be friends as at least. I think Uncle wants your consent more than anything else in the world."

Kong didn't say anything, and we made our way back to join them once I was done with my cigarette. I knew we were all heading out for dinner later. Ms. Kitty must be aware too as she stood up, thanked Uncle for the hospitality, and said she must head home soon to make dinner. Uncle smiled and agreed. We all stood up when Kong opened his mouth.

"Would you like to join us for dinner tonight?"

Uncle looked at Kong in surprise while I just smiled knowingly. Ms. Kitty looked at Kong in shock and then at Uncle, who nodded his head minutely.

"I..I will be happy to. Thank you for the invite."

Kong just nodded, not saying a word, but it was enough. At least he was willing to try. As we sat down again, just chatting, I couldn't help but feel warm in my heart over how one wrong interaction brought about the most wholesome relationships ever in my life.

.............................................................

With this, this LamxKong fan fic comes to an end! I really enjoyed writing this for a special reader who's been ever so patient and always so supportive of my works!

LaurenAlyrra I hope you enjoyed this! Till the next #lovewinsall :)