Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

To say Lucilia was freaking out was an understatement. She was hyperventilating, sweating, and she couldn't sit still. Demetrius tried to stop her at first, but when she jumped like a cat away from him, he left her to her panic. He didn't like that she was panicking, he thought it was unnecessary, but not everyone has seen dragons and they can be kind of overwhelming. Even when you work with them day and night.

Demetrius figured that this woman did not grow up around dragons and most likely has never seen one being so far from the King and his army. This was going to be a large wakeup call for her indeed.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Demetrius suggested after a long 15 minute freak out. He wasn't sure if he was the right person to help her calm down, but he couldn't carry on like her with this.

Lucilia stopped and glared at him, "how are you not freaking out?"

He shrugged, "I grew up around dragons. The only difference will be now I am a rider."

Lucilia blinked, "what do you mean."

Demetrius finally looked uncomfortable. "Well... the king has dragons, but he force breeds them. And that's different from being gifted a dragon that has a rider."

Lucilia was understanding what he was saying, but she also was not understanding. How did Demetrius know these things? Her father knew them, she knew them, but they were circle members, and they needed to know about the kings doings for safety reasons.

"No one knows the king force breeds the dragon army." Lucilia pointed out. She was showing her hand by knowing this, but Demetrius had already shown his. He must be in league with someone close to the king or maybe he was in with someone in the circle. There was no telling which side he was on and that is a problem.

The pair looked at each other, waiting for the other to break, knowing each other had information that they should not.

Demetrius broke first, "look, I know a lot of things that I shouldn't. I'm not going to tell you why but I am going to tell you that the King is a menace and he needs to be stopped. I am going to become a Dragon Rider and I am going to stop him."

"Stop him from doing what?" Lucilia asked with a small voice. She was afraid of what he knew. If he knew more, and if he knew about the King's evil plans, maybe Lucilla could use that to her advantage. If she brought that back to The Circle, then maybe they would be forced to accept her.

Demetrius ran a hand through his hair in frustration, "his army is almost complete. He will be moving soon to eliminate anyone who is not human."

How does he know this?

Lucilia looked Demetrius up and down, "how are you to know this? Who the hell are you?"

Demetrius blinked and looked a little surprised. He may have been showing too much of his own hand. So, he threw it right back at her, "who are you then?" He knew that she knew more than she wanted to let on.

They both stared at each other for a long moment, neither wanting to give in and reveal any more information. After all, they had only knew each other for a few hours and most of them were spent asleep. Even if they were in a weird dream together.

Lucilia finally sighed, "well I am going to the capital city now." She felt her stomach grumble and Demetrius smirked. "After I eat breakfast."

Demetrius agreed and they both sat down as Lucilia restarted the fire and took out some meat she cooked the previous night. It was nice to warm it over the fire before eating it. They sat in awkward and tense silence.

Demetrius ate more than Lucilia, she was actually surprised by how much he ate. Had he been eating at all? She did note he did not have any food in his bag when he rummaged through it. So there was a high possibility he hadn't come across any towns and he was very possibly terrible at hunting. She guessed it was both.