That's all then, I guess?

MC's Room
3.11 A.M.

Fighting to fall asleep, MC stared into the unfathomable blackness that overlapped far beyond the world behind her tightly-clenched eyelids.

118, 119, 120, 121...
122, 123, 124, 125-

Counting method wasn't helpful and her attempt to do a self-stimulating action to shut her brain completely off for the night, was also fruitless.

Dammit.
Why can't I sleep?!

So there she was... frustratingly massaged her temples, grumbled in annoyance and ended up wallowing in the same sewer all over again.

Ugh...
Stop thinking now.
Just stop thinking now, idiot-

,,MC..."
,,Why didn't you sleep?"

At the repeated sound of her constant exhaling and groaning in his embrace, Xavier, who already half-sleeping, finally noticed that in his ears and asked.

,,Huh?"
,,I... I'm still trying to, Xav"

Slightly opened his lazy eyes, he nuzzled her hair and lightly chuckled.

,,Turn around"
,,No... just go back to sleep now"

,,How can I sleep if you keep tossing the sheets and groaning like every five seconds, hmm?"

Reluctantly turned herself around, she let out a deep sigh and pouted at him.

,,There..."
,,What now?"

Hummed in approval, he briefly caressed the side of her cheek and smiled.

,,Come closer"
,,Let me help you"

,,Help me, how?"
,,Ugh... I can't wait to leave this base..."

,,Just few more hours now"
,,Be patient, hmm?"

,,I know... but still-"
,,Shhh..."

Affectionately pulling her back into his embrace, he wrapped his warm-soothing arms around her.

,,Ugh..."
,,Xavier-"

She tried to protest, but the calming sound of his heartbeat and the way his hand occasionally gave her back a gentle pat... they just forced her to stay quiet.

,,Close your eyes"
,,And relax... "

Quietly murmured into her ear, he placed a soft peck on the top of her head and tried to get back to sleep.

,,Xavier..."
,,Tomorrow will be a nice day, right?"

,,Of course, it will..."
,,I promised you, didn't I?"

Snickered in amusement, he inhaled in her fragrance and attempted to reassure her one more time.

,,Alright... good night, Xavier"
,,Good night, MC"

...

Another thirty minutes passed since the second she said good night to her boyfriend and yet, she again trapped in between the same walls of that familiar-irritating blackness.

Ugh...
Dammit.

Sensed his resting chin on the top of her head,
MC buried her face against his chest and tried to immerse in his comforting warmth, but at some point... her nagging heart brought her to think about what she earlier said to Zayne again.

Did I say disappear?
Did... I really wish that he'll disappear earlier?

Ugh... was I being too harsh?
His feeling... did I-