Chapter 11

Chapter 11: KRYSTAL

"OH MY GOSH KRYS,  I'VE GOT THE MOST EXCITING NEWS!!!"

I turned around slightly in my chair as Nick and Eithan walked to the booth I was sitting in, both giving me hugs before sliding in to sit across from me. I had been waiting for them for thirty minutes at The Melting Pot, and was beginning to think that they had flaked on me.

"...What? Are you two...?"

"Oh my gosh, no!" Eithan was extremely quick to respond, and the innocent fear in his eyes made me chuckle a little. I was always making jokes whenever one of them had some news to share that they were engaged or expecting, and although Nicki found it just as amusing as I did, it absolutely terrified Eithan every time. I think that's part of the reason why it's so funny.

"Guess where we just came from. You won't believe me when I tell you!" Nicki's eyes dazzled with excitement, and her anxiousness to share whatever she had just done made me sort of excited too.

"Wher-"

"We just got our palms read! By a specialist!" Nicki didn't even let me finish asking before telling me her news. And she was right.

I didn't believe her.

Nicki NEVER believed in things like astrological signs or psychics or anything in that field. I used to try and have conversations with her about horoscopes and she would get mad. She thought those things were non-sense and that if you wanted a good future, the only way to get it was by your own means. Nicki would've never gone to get her palm read if I had asked. But what surprised me even more was the fact that Eithan didn't look nearly as excited about it as Nicki, so I don't think he dragged her to do it either. I was completely confused as to why she had gone.

"Nick? Are you serious? You told me yourself you don't believe in that stuff."

"I know, but that was a long time ago." It was literally three months ago... "I'm actually super excited about what they had to say too! See, look here..." Nicki reached out her right hand towards me and started to trace each line and crevice in her hand. 

"She analyzed our palms individually, and then we had the option to hear our readings, either together or separate. I wanted to do it together because I thought that would be cute, but Eithan didn't want to hear a death report and have me know about it, so we heard ours separately." I looked up at Eithan to see if he was just as amused with Nicki as I was, but he looked as though he hadn't been listening and that he was just staring at me to see my reaction instead. I smiled before asking him about his reading.

"So..did she give you good news or was it a smart idea to hear yours separate from Nick's?"

"It was okay. Pretty bland if you ask me. She just kept saying how I'll get what I give, but she was too general. I didn't really like her." Eithan shrugged before picking up his menu,  removing himself from the conversation and immersing himself in his guaranteed future: food. Nicki rolled her eyes before continuing. 

"Anyways, I asked her what she saw for my love life and if I had found The One," Nicki grabbed hold of Eithan's arm and rested her head on his shoulder, gazing at him as he just continued to read his menu. "And you know what she said?"

"...Yes...?" I giggled a little, still entertained by Nicki's enthusiasm. 

"She said that I will have met my true love in a place where I least expect it, at a time when I least want it, with a person I least see it with. Isn't that crazy good!" Nicki let go of Eithan, drawing all of her attention back to me, a spazzy grin on her face.

"...I guess...?"

"Krys! It's obviously Eithan! I met him at a club, which you know I was never really a fan for clubbing until that night. And it was right after that ass of a man you were with decided to upgrade to an asshole, so I was looking to make you forget about guys, not find one! And let's be real, if I wasn't a little tipsy that night, I would've never went home with him! Not because he's not a hunk of a man, but because that was never my scene. She was so talking about Eithan, and that makes me so happy! Right baby?" She leaned back over towards Eithan, and he gave her a peck on the lips before turning back to his menu.